What is our primary use case?
Our primary use case is to automate the Client's workflow of reading a ticket from ServiceNow and then assign it to different bots which in turn performs the validations of the tickets with respect to different regions of the client's parameters. After the completion of the validations, the bot will update the ticket as per it's status and then send the hourly output report to Client's operations team. In between, if the bot fails, system exceptions or some business exception scenarios, human team will do the rest of the task.
How has it helped my organization?
Automation Anywhere has improved my organization in the following ways:
1. Repetitive tasks have been automated and hence the employees work in crucial logical thinking processes.
2. Tasks now don't depend upon the unavailability of certain employees/colleagues to be completed. Also, bots can run all day long which also affects the overall budgets.
3. Centralized Backup, Security & Disaster Recovery, Bot Insights, Workload Management, ROI Calculator in COE Dashboard.
What is most valuable?
1. IQ Bot, Automation Lifecycle Management, Workload Management, Centralized Backup, Security & Disaster Recovery
2. Image Recognition and OCR activity
3. Drag and Drop activities eases the task to write codes.
4. Control Room is very useful for bot's activity insights
5. Easy to use activities and almost all the artifacts available in the official AA's docs and forums can solve complex codes.
6. Certification exams are too good and almost cover all the required knowledge to be sound in working with Automation Anywhere.
What needs improvement?
1. User Interface can be simpler.
2. Master Certification now paid (previously it was free of cost) which sometimes creates hesitation to go for it.
3. Though the courses in the certification's learning hub are great and awesome, there is some more space for adding more explained contents.
4. Citrix automation lacks the perfect end to end automation.
5. Web Automation fails when an automated Screen Resolution is changed to some other resolutions.
6. Pricing with respect to the competitors is more.
For how long have I used the solution?
I have been using AA for two years.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
Performance is up to the mark with limited constraints of applications to be used. An application must be of a certain version provided by certain organizations and thus discontinuation of the said applications affects a lot while maintaining the bot.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
Scalability is very high. There's no limitation of the number of bots to be used simultaneously and in a single port/machine/ID.
How are customer service and technical support?
Technical Support provided almost all the solutions we had.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
We had used a different solution for the following prominent reasons:
1. Cheaper price for same type of tool.
2. Citrix Automations.
3. Unavailability of required configurations that supports Automation Anywhere
How was the initial setup?
Since the IT team and Infosec looked up for the setup, I don't have much idea about this.
What was our ROI?
Since the support for IE is discontinuing soon, we are now moving the base code to EDGE Chromium. ROI will be recounted after that. Previously as per the efficiency, we decreased the numbers from the process.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
The installation is a bit of hectic process and also the price is more in market compared to other competitors.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
UiPath, Blue Prism, AssistEdge
Which deployment model are you using for this solution?
Which version of this solution are you currently using?