Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

Excel operations and PDF for integrations enable us to automate logistics ops

What is our primary use case?

I'm using it for logistics with respect to Fintech, where we are dealing with the brokers.

How has it helped my organization?

In the context of the number of FTEs, they used to spend their whole shifts working on repetitive and mundane tasks. Now, they can be utilized for other tasks.

What is most valuable?

• The most valuable features are Excel operations and PDF for integrations.
  • It's very developer-friendly.
  • With IQ Bot, we can now include cognitive automation into our process. The cognitive document processing is pretty good with IQ Bot.

What needs improvement?

An additional feature we would like to see is the inclusion of a particular kind of scripting in the development environment itself.

Out of ten, I would rate the stability at seven. Compared to other tools, like Blue Prism, which have something like sequential flow-levels. With Automation Anywhere, it's something like action levels.

It took us two months to scale from pilot to the number of bots we're currently using.

The technical support is pretty good with Automation Anywhere. If we have any issues, we raise a support ticket and we get it resolved.

Previously I was using a solution in which we did not have a Control Room. With Automation Anywhere, we have a Control Room which is pretty good.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We used a reseller for the deployment, and our experience with them was good.

We measure ROI, but not with the Automation Anywhere tool. We have our own tool for that.

Automation Anywhere saves time and money.

What other advice do I have?

I've taken all the courses at Automation Anywhere University. I have been certified in Automation Anywhere, using their course system.