Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

We are getting massive efficiencies across our back office, internally. We are looking forward to the web-based development versions due to installation and performance issues.

What is our primary use case?

We have four core business areas: Energy, financial services, healthcare, and our internal corporate. We're spread pretty evenly across the four areas.

We have automated a lot of processes serving human resources, legal, life sciences, financial services, healthcare (on the payer and provider sides), and IT. We're all over the place.

We're still in the rapid expansion phase. The last six months have really been an explosion, so we're trying to keep everything under wraps and control it.

How has it helped my organization?

We are getting massive efficiencies across our back office, internally.

What is most valuable?

Th Enterprise platform: Automation on a platform, as opposed to scattered automation.

What needs improvement?

The ease of use is improving for development. We've had a lot of issues with the installation and performance on a variety of computers, onshore and offshore. Our network bounds multiple domains, and we've had issues there, as well. So, we are looking forward to the web-based development versions.

The bot creation process is getting better. The general development process and change management deployment process is moving more towards enterprise-level and catching up with the more mature software industry around it.

So far, the cognitive document processing is not available at the enterprise level. However, this is being worked on by Automation Anywhere.

I would like them to start building continuity between employees and customer contacts.

There are a lot of new features coming with the release of version 11.

The stability is improving.

The technical support is inconsistent. It seems like every time we call, there's someone who has only been with Automation Anywhere for a couple of months. Oftentimes, if you call two different people, you'll get two different answers, back-to-back. What we tend to do is, if we don't get a fix or resolution right away, we'll call back immediately or submit a second ticket immediately, and try to find someone else.

Our business teams pushed for an RPA solution.

We worked with Automation Anywhere on the deployment.

We have saved time and money using this solution. It varies pretty heavily by use case. We have some bots which are saving a week or month of multiple employees' times. We have some bots saving an hour a half during a day of a team of 30 people's times. So, there is some significant savings that we've uncovered.

Our annual license is somewhere in the neighborhood of $115,000.

Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, UiPath, and Kryon were on our shortlist.

At that time, Automation Anywhere was the most responsive to working with us. That actually tipped the scales.

What other advice do I have?

The more you preplan, defining processes and governance upfront, the more successful you will be down the road.

The solution integrates well with others. When it doesn't, it is usually the fault of the other solution.

The courses on Automation University were generally good.

We have not done anything with Citrix automation yet.