Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

It is a difficult solution to use for back-end processes, though the tool is easy to use with its API call

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to automate complex processes without using a development team.

We have had a lot of issues using Automation Anywhere and find ourselves stuck. We have an open ticket and are still working with them to resolve this.

What is most valuable?

We got the solution because of its ease of use with the API call, avoiding the use of developers.

What needs improvement?

It is a difficult solution to use for back-end processes.

We can automate easily, but we have to use more functions. We would like to see more GUI-based automation instead.

They do not include the basic functionality of column headers in Excel worksheets. This is missing, and we need it.

We cannot currently copy data and send it on an email.

The technical support is good. When we open tickets, we immediately receive a response.

In some cases, we make suggestions, and they tell us that they can't make the fix. This is okay, too.

The initial setup was easy. First, we create a bot. Then, we send the business an approval. Once they have verified everything, then we need to open a ticket. Finally, the bot is deployed to production.

We deployed in-house.

We are using Bot Insight to measure our ROI.

We are not receiving the right information about their features, e.g. Automation Anywhere University, or anything that they are selling. They need to improve their documentation.

What other advice do I have?

Search all industry-designed RPA tools and choose the best one for your process.

I completed my advanced certification through Automation Anywhere University. While the courses are good, what you learn in the courses and what is in the real world are two different things. The documentation in the University does not have the proper documentation and cannot provide help, when necessary.

Try It For Yourself