Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

Bot creation is a cool feature, as it allows the developer to do complex things. However, it isn't a reliable product as failures are high for huge volumes.

What is our primary use case?

It is for my partner development. We primarily work in the insurance business. So, we do a lot of insurance back office operations. These are the types of processes that we have automated.

How has it helped my organization?

We previously had a lot of manual processes. With the bot, we were able to automate them. Therefore, we are able to see the real-time value in our business area.

What is most valuable?

We have multiple developers on our team. With its user-friendly user interface, our developers are able to quickly pick it up. The ease of use is really good.

Bot creation is a cool feature. It allows the developer to do complex things.

What needs improvement?

There are some places where Automation Anywhere needs improve a lot, especially from an integration perspective. We have had to build our own scripts to make this happen, building a bot in Automation Anywhere, along with some scripts. However, we have not yet implemented the Automation Anywhere MetaBots. So, once the MetaBots are implemented in our area, we should be able to achieve more.

If the bots become more stable, we can completely avoid using our additional scripts.

I would like to see the record management, data tracking, and database feature. Some of these have been implemented in the version 11. I have not used the latest release, version 11. Also, if some various cable features which come out with it, that will be really helpful.

Three to five years.

I would not give stability good marks. There are a lot of negative things stability-wise. These things need to be improved, especially regarding reliability. When we have a huge end user process or need to automate a a huge volume, the failures are high.

The product is more stable versus older versions.

We face issues when we need to increase volumes. Currently, it is failing for some reason, and we don't know the reason. It fails or stops, then we need to see what is going on. We have to fix that, then our developers need to rerun it. These are mostly practical challenges for our team who uses it on daily basis.

Timing is a problem with the technical support. A person will be assigned, but that tech support person may only be available during our morning hours. In the morning, we might be in a meeting, not able to respond when the tech support reaches us, then when we try to reach them back, the tech support person may be on a call or not in the office. This is a challenge.

The initial setup was complex.

To scale from pilot to production takes a long time because the initial setup process is complex.

I am the consultant who does the deployments.

The ROI is really good. We have saved time and money.

We evaluated Automation, Kryon, and Blue Prism. Of those, we felt Automation Anywhere was more user-friendly. On the developer side, we received feedback that development was quick in Automation Anywhere, which is why we shortlisted them.

Since using Automation Anywhere, I might be inclined towards using another product.

What other advice do I have?

Automation Anywhere is currently a good product. The RPA market is growing.

The integration with other applications is good. There are some complications. With some specific applications, it may not work. We are facing some specific issues, but we have found workarounds.

I am certified in Automation Anywhere University.

I have not personally used the IQ Bot nor have I used any trial version, but the features look really good.

I do not use Citrix automation.