Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

Non-developers can use the tool to create bots, but we ran into stability issues when scaling bots

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to automate our current exports and fraudulent transaction processing in the back office.

How has it helped my organization?

Automation Anywhere brings speed with accuracy. We are replacing a lot of manual work that our agents used to do. This has been automated now, and we get things done faster.

What is most valuable?

Non-developers can use the tool to create bots. Also, it is very easy for developers to use.

What needs improvement?

The bot creation process is easy enough with its drag and drop, then add some logic. However, once you're done with it, you can't really work outside the tool that the AI provides. It is drag and drop, then work right there.

It took a couple of months to scale from our pilot to the current number of bots that we are using. The bot scaling process was painful, when you go beyond a few bots, and because we had stability issues. We had to work through the issues, and they took us a long time.

Technical support is good. They need to improve their response to production issues. They need to have knowledgeable people to fix issues when things are down in production.

The initial setup is straightforward, but the scaling was an issue.

We worked directly with Automation Anywhere. Their help was good, but sometimes it took a couple days for them to get back to us.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Automation Anywhere. Though, it depends on how they plan to build the environment: on-premise or cloud. There are some issues that we're facing in the cloud.

The current features are good, but we are not using all of the product's existing features at the moment.