Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

We are able to use work from previous integrations to make automation more efficient

What is our primary use case?

As a partner, we can use RPA in many sectors including financial services and banks, technology and software, in communications, government, hospitality, and human resources.

I have recently done two projects with Automation Anywhere, one for a large car manufacturer and the other for a bank.

For the car manufacturer, we used it to copy and paste data from Excel sheets, with user entries according to customer. This process helped secure the digital workplace with verification and to integrate legacy systems with new applications. There was also a daily report on this automation.

In the other project, we took data from a CSV file and validated it according to business rules and we then copied from the CSV and pasted it into another application. There, again, it was with specific customer data. We were able to implement data migration between banking applications and customer account management applications.

How has it helped my organization?

In simple language, we can automate any business process and it works for our customers the way they want it to.

Using Automation Anywhere, the work gets completed in half the time. Using particular types of software, there can be problems in creating solutions and it will take a lot of time to solve the problems. By using automation, the hard work is done by robots rather than by people. It won't take as much time.

If it takes a long time for a person to complete a project and, instead, the hard work is done by the computer, the robots, that is beneficial for companies.

What is most valuable?

• The ability to use previous integrations is valuable.
  • With Automation Anywhere you can read and extract CSV data easily. You don't need multiple commands to read it.
  • The user interface is good. Whatever I've done, the user interface has been very good.

What needs improvement?

Reliability and error handling should be improved.

The stability of Automation Anywhere is good. I haven't had any issues when it comes to stability, so far.

If a company is getting work done by robots, work that is otherwise hard to get done, then Automation Anywhere is definitely a good investment for them.

Compared to other tools like NICE and Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere is the only tool that gets your work completed in half the time. No other tools do that. In my opinion, this is what makes Automation Anywhere the best tool.

I haven't done projects on NICE yet, but I did the training for NICE as well as for Automation Anywhere. NICE has good things in it, but in my opinion, with NICE it will take more time to complete tasks compared to Automation Anywhere. There is a difference.

What other advice do I have?

For what I have used Automation Anywhere for so far, the two projects I have done, it has been completely good for me. This is the best tool I have seen.

The first project took about eight months and the other about six to seven months. There were four people working on each project, all together. They were all RPA developers. In total there are eight to ten of us working on Automation Anywhere.

Automation is happening a lot in the financial and banking service areas. There are many applications which a bank cannot manage by itself and we use automation to help manage customers' accounts. But these days, automation is happening everywhere. It is used in every company. Automation is an important process and people will see it more and more going into the future as well.

There is scope in the future for increased usage of Automation Anywhere in the banking sector.

In the future, as technology increases day-by-day, Automation Anywhere will definitely add new technology. There are already benefits but they will increase as the technology develops and people will benefit more and more.

1 Comment
author avatarBob Harford
User

How were you able to purchase Automation Anywhere? From my experience, it is not possible to actually purchase the software (emails not responded to, phone messages not returned, tried four times at least...).