Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

Using MetaBot with custom DLLs gives us a significant time savings

What is our primary use case?

We have many use cases for this solution including invoice processing, email processing, Excel file manipulation, and text file manipulation.

How has it helped my organization?

Using automation, we have been able to reduce a lot of time spent on processes.

We have also been able to automate statement processing.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the MetaBot, which gives you the power to add many DLLs and customize them for the automation.

What needs improvement?

We have had issues with stability in the past, and there should be a function that helps you to find out what is wrong with your environment that is causing the automation to fail.

We would like to have more information on how Python integration works, and how easily it can be done.

This solution is stable but sometimes it doesn't work due to various issues with the environment, like your service doesn't work or your sign-in gets disconnected.

This solution is scalable and works fine. I would rate the scalability a nine out of ten.

Technical support for this solution is quite good and they are very responsive. They also give you a solution very quickly.

When we first started with this solution it took about ten days to learn how it works. Afterward, it was quite straightforward to work with it.

We looked at UiPath but it was not as capable as Automation Anywhere when it comes to large scale.

What other advice do I have?

The 2019 version of this solution looks quite exciting. It will include many features for web integration. It will also include support for Python, which is something that we are looking forward to.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.