Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

Unattended bots work while you are out of the office

What is our primary use case?

We have many use cases. We are solving business problems for our clients. E.g., it could be as simple as doing data entry or creating a mashup solution with intelligent automation, which is a buzz word these days. It can also be as complex as having AI integrated with RPA. It depends upon a lot of use cases. This is what we are solving.

We are the partners of Automation Anywhere, so we are solving our client's problems with Automation Anywhere as an enabler. In addition, we are a consumer of Automation Anywhere.

How has it helped my organization?

We have digital workers with us who assist us in doing our work in robotic process automation. They solve all the problems where we need to do mundane activities and tasks that users should not be doing. Users should be utilizing their brain part, then the remaining roles and activities should go to the digital workers that we have.

We have automated that complete process of code review. The bot is solving the problem of ensuring the compliance of reviewing code. People used to generally skip the code review process because it was exhaustive. Bots can review the complete standards of the code, whatever is there, ensuring the compliance and eventually saving time.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Automation Anywhere is the unattended mode. Switch off your work when you are out of your office. The bot auto logs into your desktop and asks what they should do be doing, then it works. Tomorrow morning, you come back into the office, you have the output on your desk.

What needs improvement?

We used to face a lot of challenges with older versions, like auto login.

Nothing is perfect. The tool should always evolve to the better and more efficient.

If we are talking about evolving, then we are talking about intelligent automation. There should be more features included in the package with this type of software. For example, IQ Bot is something that we used to have and was working well. However, there are other use cases of machine learning and complex cognitive solutions. Those should be included in the package, as they will solve major problems which we face today of unstructured data. This is part of the evolution process and these changes won't happen in a day.

I have been working with Automation Anywhere since 2014.

The latest version is very stable and reliable. I have a lot of confidence in it as we deploy this bots at the client site. I have confidence that the bot will auto login in the night and do the work.

If you have 500 digital works for an enterprise, then someday you will need to update. Automation Anywhere is not very scalable because the update and upgrade process requires immense effort from the IT organization to do a tool check.

Automation Anywhere Control Room should update to the newer versions with one click, including the newer features. There should be minimum effort required from the IT organization. The major resistance from any organization is from the IT organization because they have a lot of dependencies and will sometimes resist doing changes because they have  other activities and applications to manage. Future versions should minimizing their work.

I have used the technical support a lot of times. It has improved a lot. The response time has been very good.

We used to face many problems for auto login and scheduler. It is lot of tickets for these problems, but Automation Anywhere was very responsive at that time. While they didn't have a ready-to-go solution, they ensured in the next release those improvements were there and now it is very stable.

The initial setup is not straightforward, but it's not complex. if somebody knows how to do it with an SOP, they can do it. The setup is tedious, but it's doable.

We are a consultant for the deployment.

We have seen ROI with this product. With this product, we go for any RPA use case. If it is not solving anything or giving quantifiable benefits, it does not make sense.

I've been involved with my clients in recommending Automation Anywhere.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good tool and one of the market leaders. The ease of implementation is very good in Automation Anywhere compared to other tools. If somebody is just starting out, Automation Anywhere is the best tool to look at to rapidly start because it delivers quickly robotic process automation.

The market is very dynamic. The product needs to be constantly evolving.

They have improved the product a lot since I started working with it.

Try It For Yourself