Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

Easy to use with a drag and drop

What is our primary use case?

We need to automate business unit solutions in our office. As of now, there are a lot of requirements RPA within our organization with many verticals who require their redundant tasks to get automated.

How has it helped my organization?

It saves manpower, time, and money. E.g., one particular task may require five FTEs to work on it daily doing repetitive work. Using Automation Anywhere, we automate the task and those five FTEs can be saved from doing it.

By automating the process, we are reducing human error.

What is most valuable?

The IQ Bot is unique. It is not available in another RPA tool that I am aware of, like UiPath or Blue Prism. IQ Bot converts unstructured data to structured data.

You can assign a time to a bot when it should run through the Schedule Manager. This feature is much easier to use in Automation Anywhere. Both UiPath and Blue Prism have their versions of a scheduler which are not as user-friendly. UiPath Orchestrator is a bit complex.

It is easy to use with a drag and drop. All the options are right in front of you. Anybody without an IT or development background can start off with Automation Anywhere.

What needs improvement?

Security needs improvement.

I need to understand the migration from desktop to cloud. There are questions around this that I need clarified, like: "How is it going to happen?" Migration is not easy. It will take time. Will the process be smooth? I have a few doubts.

Our company started one to two years back.

The stability is really good. We have not had any downtime.

Scaling is easy. We can have one Control Room with 10 bots working simultaneously, which is very good.

The technical support has been brilliant. We haven't needed to wait a lot. Anybody from my team, whenever we tried to contact the customer care or technical support, has gotten a reply back probably within one to two hours. So, support has been outstanding from the Automation Anywhere team.

I learned about Automation Anywhere from online searches. I trained myself on it. My organization learned about Automation Anywhere from me.

The setup wasn't easy nor was it difficult. After one or two times, the setup became easier.

I set Automation Anywhere up with the help of Acronotics, who came in to train us and help set up our environment.

We have saved one to two FTEs per year. A bot processes their projects now.

I tried out all the RPA tools and found Automation Anywhere to be the most user-friendly.

Blue Prism is more secure than Automation Anywhere. E.g., Blue Prism has a system that is difficult to penetrate. You can't simply go into their system and make any changes.

What other advice do I have?

Any company looking at starting RPA should look at a user-friendly software. Compared to other RPA tools, I prefer Automation Anywhere.

Whenever I have used Automation Anywhere, it has been brilliant.

There are still so many features that I need to explore in Automation Anywhere.