Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

User-friendly, flexible, and saves us time working with manual and repetitive Excel operations

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution to reduce the time and management required for the completion of manual tasks. We are also teaching our students how to create bots for automation.

For example, if you have a simple copy and paste operation to complete in an Excel sheet then it might take one or two minutes. It's small but if you have a large amount of data and the task has to be repeated many times, then it is very helpful to have the bots. Using automation technology in any company is very useful for both customers and the company.

I use the Control Room and we also write the code.

How has it helped my organization?

We have a student database that contains over a thousand students and their results. When a student wants to check their individual mark, they visit the university website and they enter their registration number to check the data.

When we want to get a list of the student marks, all we need is a list of the registration numbers in Excel and our bot will automate the task. With the press of a button, the bot will collect all of the student results and display them. This will take at most one minute, instead of an hour. Within one minute we can view more than one thousand students and their results.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are its user-friendliness and the flexibility in terms of programming language. We can use any programming language, and I have just started to learn Python. I want to next look at real-time scenarios and see how Python can be used to help write bots. Having no restriction for any single programming language is very useful.

This solution uses Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to help automate tasks. Our analytics people and data scientists are looking forward to seeing how this will help.

What needs improvement?

It is very difficult to create and automate timetables because they are modal and it would be helpful if the bot could assist us with this.

This is a stable solution and a very strong tool.

This is a scalable solution.

We do resolve some problems ourselves, but if it is difficult then we approach the technical support for Automation Anywhere. Their response is very good and they are very helpful.

I heard about this particular technology only last year, and then I completed my certification. I'm impressed with automation and bots. When I first heard the term, I thought that the bots were actual robots. Later, I saw that we were writing the programs and creating the bots for these manual and repetitive tasks.

We handle the deployment of this solution ourselves. If there are special requirements then we will ask.

A bot is doing in one hour what it takes ten hours for a person to do. This savings in time is very important for the IT industry. Most of the time being wasted is on simple things, so if the bot is doing then work then it gives more time of other things, such as coding.

We only looked at this solution.

What other advice do I have?

Initially, when I was first trained, I had some difficulty using this solution. However, when I went through all of the training and learned how to write the code, I found it was very easy.

We are training our students in the use of bots for automation. We are teaching students how to create bots, and how to use them so that companies will be prepared. We are trying to create more use cases, or examples, for learning how to code.

Some people are saying that they will lose their jobs because of this solution. A single bot is capable of doing the work of ten people. This is a very strong tool, but the problem relates to any technology. We have to adapt, and we have to understand the technology.

Time is very important. For any work that you are doing, if you finish the work within the time set by the customer then they will be really impressed. When the customer is happy with the company then they will give them more work.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.