Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

IQ Bot makes tasks less time consuming. Our current version lacks convenience when scaling.

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for the financial services industry where we do tax credit for different departments. We do automation for them.

How has it helped my organization?

If I have to go into an application and download the information to do some cleanup activity, then I have to do that by manually. This might take somewhere around an hour or an hour and a half. By using Automation Anywhere, I'm saving that time. I can use that time for a valuable purpose.

What is most valuable?

IQ Bot is a valuable feature. It processes unstructured data to structured data. It helps me by making tasks less time consuming. It reduces the effort it takes versus manually.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have some of the features that I have seen for future releases. I'm using the outdated version, as compared to the current one. That's the reason I'm rating it as a seven out of 10. If I was using the latest version and all its features, then I might rate it a bit higher.

In terms of stability, the tool is stable. I don't see errors occurring during the production or  development stages.

Because I am using an older version, I am rating the scalability as a seven out of 10. I feel a lack of convenience when I try to scale it. When I use an upgrade version of Automation Anywhere and I don't feel this anymore, then I will rate the scalability better.

We have reached out to Automation Anywhere when we deployed our system. I was not able to use a few of the commands and the system was overwriting a set of folders. Then, we got support from the Automation Anywhere tech center.

I would rate the technical support as a 10 out of 10.

Automation Anywhere is installed with a VM, then it will be handed over to us. That's how it works.

We have a center of excellence team.

We calculate our ROI as FTE and dollar savings.

It costs up to $1,200 per license.

No other competitors have the cloud-based feature that Automation Anywhere is launching with its A2019 version. I am excited to explore this feature more.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend Automation Anywhere. This product makes my life easier. It has been a very robust product to use in all our segments.