Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

Saves us significant time in data entry, but needs to support macOS

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to assist us in the collection of data. We have patients who fill out an application that contains information based on the affliction that they have. For example, a migraine patient or a diabetic patient will have different sorts of information contained in the application.

It starts with them giving us information. There are no regulations that govern the format of what they give us. Based on what they give us, we provide them with our application. Our overall goal is to give them a better quality of life.

We use MetaBots to ensure that the data goes into the proper channel and in the proper pattern.

How has it helped my organization?

Before we implemented this solution, we had to manually deal with a lot of emails. People would send us unstructured data in the form of Notepad or Wordpad. We spent a lot of time manually entering the information.

With Automation Anywhere, what used to take us two days now takes us twenty minutes.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is automation using MetaBots.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see support for macOS, rather than just Windows machines.

Whenever you start Automation Anywhere it opens the IE browser to notify you. It would be really great if you had the option to not open IE when it starts.

If you want to use Chrome then there are three or four additional steps that need to be completed.

This solution is pretty stable.

Scalability is good, although it would be better if they supported more than just Windows machines.

The technical support for this solution is pretty good. The turnaround time is good, as well as the response. The technical support people are well trained and we appreciate it.

We have in-house people who have been trained and handle this for us.

We have certainly seen ROI when it now only takes twenty minutes to perform a job that use to take us two days.

I am involved in making the decision as to whether we use Automation Anywhere or Blue Prism in our upcoming projects.

For each of our projects, we do a POC that lasts three months for each of the tools. Out of that, we come up with the best solution that we can offer for a particular project.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody researching this solution is to first identify all of the use cases around your project. If you don't do your due diligence then I don't recommend this solution. You need to have the use cases identified.

We wanted to use IQ Bot to assist with unstructured data, but we were not able to do it. Our next step is to create a workload to handle our information processing.

This solution saves us time but there are some things that make it clumsy for the end-users. When we have to tell them that there is no macOS version then we put our heads down and tell them that we have to wait for that. Also, if you want to use Chrome then there are three or four additional steps that need to be done.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.