Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

Saves manual work in HR processes, but the OCR needs to support handwritten documents

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for generating letters. Most of the use cases are HR-based.

The company we work for is the Mahindra Group. When an employee requests letters, they go through the HR department instead of requesting the letter from the bot, Genie, that is already in place. Going through the HR Department creates a manual process across the group.

We have completed a POC directly from Genie. We implemented the RPA so that once the request is received from the employee, the letter is generated and sent to the person through email.

This reduces the tedious manual work required.

With the completed POC, we have an RPA that we have showcased. When you request a letter directly from Genie, within a minute or two you will receive an email with an attachment of your requested letter.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution allows for the letter generation to take place within seconds, improving the experience for the employees. When they request something, they've got it.

What is most valuable?

Generating the letters through Genie is an extremely valuable feature.

This solution reduced the manual work that is required by the HR department.

This solution is easy to use and generates a quick response.

What needs improvement?

Looking at the POC's requirements and use cases, our customers are asking us for the OCRing of handwritten documents. This is a feature we would like to see included in the next release.

We would like a web-based product for implementation in the cloud.

The licensing needs to be made simpler or shortened. You need to be able to bundle the licenses for clients. Instead of asking for three licenses, which sometimes causes the customer to panic, I would like to have one bundle with three licenses contained within it. It is essentially the same thing but would make more sense to the customer. It is just a different mindset.

I am not able to comment much in terms of stability because we have only completed a POC.

This solution will tremendously reduce the cost in terms of manual work that HR is doing.

The licensing needs to be made simpler or shortened.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is researching this solution is to explore it. Try out the solution and its capabilities. Until you do so, you won't know exactly what it is capable of. To now, I have not even explored it one-hundred percent.

We are looking for a web-based product because most of the things we do, and most of the products that we work with, are on the cloud. Once we get a web-based system, we will have more interest and we will be more confident about it. We understand that the web-based system will be released soon.

The product is good, no doubt about it, but we need the OCR for handwritten documents, the web-based solution, and the licensing has to be improved.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.