Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

You can automate whatever you do manually and day-to-day things work

What is our primary use case?

It has made our life easier during the interim process with what we do in the banking sectors.

How has it helped my organization?

I'm in the banking sector, so there will be some data to be extracted from web applications that I have worked on and SAP automation suite too. There was an interim process where we extracted the data using Automation Anywhere. It is quite easy. Before, there was about four to five resources to extract it. Now, with automation, this has helped us reduce the time to two to three minutes, then the work will be done. That is one thing. The SAP automation suite is a very good platform to automate the things.

What is most valuable?

The best part is I'm a developer. I can automate end-to-end processes and use the automation in every process. That is the best thing.

It is much easier for Excel automations, getting data from their web applications, and extracting data and validating it, then sending it to clients' mail and giving it all the stakeholders as well. That is the interim process that we need to have done, which is the best part. It can done with time-savings, good accuracy of the data extracted, and endurance.

I've been using this automation for two years.

As for the stability of the product, we can use it in any use cases or to automate anything, like manufacturing or for the banking sector. We can automate all things. The stability is quite good. It is easy to use and user-friendly. You can automate whatever you do manually and day-to-day things work. We can automate repetitive tasks as well.

We can handle it if it crashes. We handle it by logic using exception handling. I am using 11.10. I've used Automation Anywhere version 10 to its current version. There are many commands that I have used. Before, there were only so many commands, like MetaBot, where we used to have only four or five commands. Now, it is entirely different to use. In the newer version, there are third-party things, and MetaBots. It's quite easy to automate things and get all the work done in a fraction of a second. It's helpful and makes our life easy.

The IQ Bot is pretty good. We can run maximum 150 documents, save them, and automate that process. That's quite good for me.

I have asked many questions of the technical support team. They replied to me with very good answers. When I'm stuck in any part of the coding, then I'll go and ask them. They have given me very nice support. It's pretty good how they are ready and they have supported me when I've asked questions in a call.

I was not involved in the decision to bring in Automation Anywhere to the company.

What other advice do I have?

One to 10, I can give it a nine. We still have to use it and it's not being urgently used. After using it, we can tell how it is being used and how we can make use of it.

They have pretty good commands which we have used. We will be getting everything in one web server, where can use MetaBot and also IQ Bot. They are providing an all in one application. So, it is quite good.