BMC FootPrints Service Core Review

It has good stability and technical support, but it is not very intuitive and user friendly

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use it for IT support and ITSM.

What is most valuable?

It is stable and its technical support is good and quick.

What needs improvement?

It is pretty clunky and not very intuitive. Even though I have used it for many years, I don't think it is a very good ITSM platform in general. In the telecom space, a lot of telco providers use this solution, but from my perspective, it is not very user friendly.

It is a bit more laborious. There are still too many human touchpoints. There can be a little bit more automation.

It would also be good to integrate it with other tools. Integration is quite difficult, especially in the telco space.

I have used this solution for around ten years.

Stability is good based on my experience.

Scalability is probably very limited in terms of packages offered. It could be better for sure.

They provide good support and have a good response time.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend looking at both BMC FootPrints Service Core and ServiceNow. From what I've seen of ServiceNow in comparison to BMC FootPrints Service Core, I would probably go towards the ServiceNow packages because they are more customizable. It looks like they offer better options in terms of scalability, which is extremely important.

I would rate BMC FootPrints Service Core a six out of ten.

More BMC FootPrints Service Core reviews from users