BMC FootPrints Service Core Overview

BMC FootPrints Service Core is the #8 ranked solution in our list of top IT Service Management (ITSM) tools. It is most often compared to ServiceNow: BMC FootPrints Service Core vs ServiceNow

What is BMC FootPrints Service Core?
FootPrints Service Core integrates IT service and asset management for end-to-end business services, and it's easy to install, use, and support. With configurable capabilities that streamline service delivery, FootPrints improves customer satisfaction and IT's reputation with your business users.

BMC FootPrints Service Core is also known as FootPrints Service Core.

BMC FootPrints Service Core Buyer's Guide

Download the BMC FootPrints Service Core Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

BMC FootPrints Service Core Customers
Cast & Crew
BMC FootPrints Service Core Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about BMC FootPrints Service Core pricing:
  • "The licensing for FootPrints is a perpetual license with an annual support fee."
  • "Our costs are well over $250,000."
  • "This solution has good pricing."

BMC FootPrints Service Core Reviews

GrantScurrah
Director at KKC
Oct 30, 2019
The primary value for us are the incident, problem, and change management features

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this product is we effectively use it as a very smart ticketing system. So most companies have the add-on version or the add-on module for change management and also the CMDB (Configuration Management Database). So the CMDB is populated with inventory data, whether it be ECCN (Export Control Classification Number) or other sources. It's a very sophisticated ticketing system.

• "This product solidly handles incident management, problem management, and change management."
  • "The pricing could be a little lower and the product should cover more iTel versions."

What other advice do I have?

I've been using the product from version nine right up to the current version. The great thing about FootPrints is that it is very easy to install and configure. Typically three times a year they will have a major upgrade. You can choose to upgrade one at a time (once every three months) or you can wait till the end of the year and just do one upgrade to cover all three of the upgrades at one time. But the upgrade installation has been very, very easy and we don't experience glitches and performance issues. On a scale from one to ten where one it the worst and ten is the best, I would rate…
Carrie Wu
Sr. Systems Analyst at Port of Vancouver
Apr 16, 2019
Supports the convergence of ticket management, IT, and customer services

What is our primary use case?

My company employs this solution as our service desk management system. Our primary use case is the management service desk tickets. The solution tracks any technical issues, problems, and questions. The system provides all of the functionality needed to manage incident, problems, change and configuration management. The Service Catalogue provides end-users with an easy method to request new services.

• "I think the most important feature is the ability to receive valuable ticket status support in a timely manner with little to no downtime interruptions."
  • "We need more customizable reporting functionality. We could also use more collaboration of service desk tickets. This will allow for two departments to share the same information, track the progress of the total task scope no matter how complex the request is."

What other advice do I have?

I would give this product a rating of 8 out of 10 because it's a good system and it meets most of our requirements. It still has a lot of space to improve because the service desk function is changing all the time. This solution has to continually be innovative. It should also generate more user-friendly reports utilizing a collaborative framework. Additionally, I would tell anyone looking at similar solutions to first figure out their most important requirements. Then compare their requirements with the function of the ITMS to ensure compatibility. While at the same time they should look…
Find out what your peers are saying about BMC, ServiceNow, Atlassian and others in IT Service Management (ITSM). Updated: January 2021.
455,301 professionals have used our research since 2012.
ITSystemdd04
IT System Administrator at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Sep 11, 2019
Scalability is customizable but it is somewhat limited in terms of how granular it can be

What is our primary use case?

We use the on-prem deployment model of this solution. Our primary use case is for our ticketing system, tracking system, and asset tracking system.

• "It has helped the help desk team. We get our tickets in and are able to support our customers, the end-users, with this solution."
  • "The workflow should be made to be more user-friendly. It should also have more granular scalability."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a seven out of ten.
electron719862
IT Engineer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Sep 29, 2019
A flexible solution with good features, good support, and good pricing

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for IT Service Management. These ITIL processes include change level management and incident problem management. We also use this solution for Ipro processes. We perform discovery for configuration management and capacity management for all of our platforms. We also use it for supply and contract management. We have an on-premises deployment.

• "The discovery feature is very flexible."
  • "The mobile version of this product does not support asset management."

What other advice do I have?

This is certainly a solution that I recommend for big enterprise. It brings a full solution for enterprise service management. Not just IT service management, but the whole enterprise. This is a good product. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
reviewer1416834
Director at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Sep 19, 2020
It has good stability and technical support, but it is not very intuitive and user friendly

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use it for IT support and ITSM.

• "It is stable and its technical support is good and quick."
  • "It is pretty clunky and not very intuitive. Even though I have used it for many years, I don't think it is a very good ITSM platform in general. In the telecom space, a lot of telco providers use this solution, but from my perspective, it is not very user friendly. It is a bit more laborious. There are still too many human touchpoints. There can be a little bit more automation. It would also be good to integrate it with other tools. Integration is quite difficult, especially in the telco space."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend looking at both BMC FootPrints Service Core and ServiceNow. From what I've seen of ServiceNow in comparison to BMC FootPrints Service Core, I would probably go towards the ServiceNow packages because they are more customizable. It looks like they offer better options in terms of scalability, which is extremely important. I would rate BMC FootPrints Service Core a six out of ten.
Download our free IT Service Management (ITSM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about BMC, ServiceNow, Atlassian, and more!