BMC FootPrints Service Core Review

Scalability is customizable but it is somewhat limited in terms of how granular it can be

What is our primary use case?

We use the on-prem deployment model of this solution. Our primary use case is for our ticketing system, tracking system, and asset tracking system.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped the help desk team. We get our tickets in and are able to support our customers, the end-users, with this solution.

What needs improvement?

The workflow should be made to be more user-friendly. It should also have more granular scalability.

We do not have any complaints on the stability of it. The stability is fine, we are just looking for a better workflow and a more intuitive system.

In terms of the scalability, it seems like there is a lot you can do. It is customizable but it is somewhat limited in terms of how granular it can be, how can it be customized.

Their technical support is okay. I haven't really contacted them before.

We looked for the problem and where there was inefficiency within the team or company-wide.

We are looking into ServiceNow to replace the system. The team that is managing this system did a POC and they love it and we are going that way. I was not really part of the choosing of this system.

The initial setup was pretty complex. The prep work alone took a few months.

We used an integrator for the deployment. We use this integrator for everything that we buy, either devices or software. We have a good relationship with them.

Our costs are well over $250,000.

We looked into Remedy and ServiceNow. ServiceNow is more Enterprise and it integrates with other remote tools that we have.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a seven out of ten.