Bonita Review

Helps us to create the process, pages, and forms and is easy to use

What is our primary use case?

I use this as part of my solution for BPM (Business Process Management) development.

What is most valuable?

The most useful feature for me is using Bonita as part of my modeling process. I use Bizagi and Bonita together to create the process, pages, and forms.

What needs improvement?

In my experience, the response with the desktop application and the mobile application lag a bit and the product needs to improve in that way. I should be able to type the text — for example, type the CSS — and the code should generate automatically with little lag at all. This would make Bonita much better.

I think Bonita is a powerful BPM but it seems to be lacking some features compared to other products. First, they need to improve the form builder and the page designer. If I could add to the product, there are features I think would make it more complete. For example, I recently researched ProcessMaker and it has additional features for the framework, support desk, and a workflow engine. Bonita does not have a workflow engine and I don't think that Bonita can connect to the API through other systems or not. If it doesn't have that ability to connect to web API to test their service, testing seems incomplete. So Bonita is easy to use but it seems to be missing some powerful features that competing products have.

I think the most important feature I would like to add is a mobile version of the Bonita application. The organization manager, or other executives in the organization, need to be able to connect to the BPMS with a mobile application when they are outside of the company. It's very important that the BPMS supports a mobile application with full access to all of the features. For example, if I am in sales and I have a Bluetooth device, I need to be able to access all parts of the application from remote locations and it should be responsive.

I have been using this product for about six months

Bonita is stable. The view of the resulting web pages is not always right in either the mobile or desktop version and needs revision for improving response time. But the product itself is stable.

Really I use two products at the same time for business process management. I think Bizagi is a powerful software or tool for organization, but Bonita is user-friendly and easy-to-use — easier to use for development. Bizagi has a lot of features that Bonita doesn't have. Together they have all of the functionality I need.

The product installed easily and it was not hard to get started using it.

I did the installation myself.

For my R&D, I used trial versions to compare Bonita with the other BPMs like Bigazi, Appian, BPM Anywhere and Oracle Suite. After comparisons, I chose Bonita for my application because it was easy-to-use.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten where ten is the best, based on my experience, I would give it an eight. It is not a ten because it needs to improve in feature availability.