Bonita OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Bonita is #8 ranked solution in top Process Automation tools, #9 ranked solution in BPM Software, and #11 ranked solution in Business Process Design tools. IT Central Station users give Bonita an average rating of 8 out of 10. Bonita is most commonly compared to Camunda Platform: Bonita vs Camunda Platform.Bonita is popular among Large Enterprise, accounting for 54% of users researching this solution on IT Central Station. The top industry researching this solution is Comms Service Provider, accounting for 26% of all views.
What is Bonita?
Bonitasoft helps innovative companies worldwide deliver better digital user experiences for customers and employees. The extensible and open Bonita application platform unleashes the full potential of multidisciplinary development teams to create Living Apps: applications that allow continuous and incremental improvement, connecting tailored user interfaces with reliable back-office operations.

Bonita is also known as Bonita BPM.

Download the Business Process Management (BPM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Bonita Customers
With more than 1000 customers in 75 countries, and its ecosystem of more than 120,000 members, Bonitasoft is the largest provider of open-source Business Process Management, Low-code and Digital Transformation software worldwide.
Bonita Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Bonita pricing:
  • "Licensing cost for the Enterprise edition comes out to be around 40,000 a year. There is also a Community edition, which is free. Some customers can go for the Community edition, but some of them require the Enterprise edition. Big companies go for the Enterprise edition, which comes with a lot of additional features such as a mobile app."
  • "We are using the Community Version, which can be used free of charge."
  • "The price of the solution is reasonable."

Bonita Reviews

VN
Senior Director Practice & Delivery at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
Good integrations, helpful for quickly building workflows, and has a Community edition

• "Flexible and drag-and-drop type of UI is very valuable. The integrations are also very good. You can build workflows very quickly, which is my favorite activity. By using the GUI, you can build the entire mechanism, notifications, and all this kind of stuff."
  • "I should be able to park the tasks that are within a process in a kind of container, and dynamically, a super admin should be able to connect these processes. This kind of feature might be helpful."

What is our primary use case?

We are an implementation partner, and we implement Bonita. Most of our implementations are on-premises.

It is used for process and workflow automation. When there is heavy customization in the process Bonita is the best compare to other products in the market. We have implemented 30+ processes for various customers (Pharma, Manufacturing, Financial). The tool is very easy to use and built on open-source technology. Easy to integrate with external systems.

What is most valuable?

Flexible and drag-and-drop type of UI is very valuable. The integrations are also very good. You can build workflows very quickly, which is my favorite activity. By using the GUI, you can build the entire mechanism, notifications, and all this kind of stuff.

What needs improvement?

I should be able to park the tasks that are within a process in a kind of container, and dynamically, a super admin should be able to connect these processes. This kind of feature might be helpful.

We have been using this solution for eight years.

It is stable.

It is scalable. It is robust enough to scale to additional properties. You can also have a clustering mechanism. It is robust enough for a workflow solution.

We have four active customers, and we have done implementation for close to eight customers.

We are their premium partners. They are very helpful and nice. They provide very good technical support.

It is a very straightforward process. It is a hassle-free installation. It took less than four or five hours.

We have a team of close to 20 members. For simple implementations, we have two to three members.

Licensing cost for the Enterprise edition comes out to be around 40,000 a year. There is also a Community edition, which is free. Some customers can go for the Community edition, but some of them require the Enterprise edition. Big companies go for the Enterprise edition, which comes with a lot of additional features such as a mobile app.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. Small and medium businesses can use this product.

I would rate Bonita a seven out of ten.

ValeryTezo
Senior ICT Consultant/Project Manager at Qualisys
An easy setup and good user interface but modules are limited in the community edition

• "The solution is stable. Even the older versions are stable."
  • "The community edition has limited module functionality. If they could release some of the functionality that's available in the enterprise edition that would be helpful to those learning to use the solution."

What is most valuable?

The solution has good graphics and a good user interface.

What needs improvement?

I've been using the solution for three years.

The solution is stable. Even the older versions are stable.

I'm not a developer and the community edition is limited, so I can't speak to the scalability of the solution. I'm the only user of the solution in the company. Currently, I'm testing it to see how it works.

I've never had to contact technical support.

We didn't previously use a different solution.

The community version of the solution is very straightforward to set up. It was quick to deploy on the desktop.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model and the Bonita Community Edition of the solution.

I can recommend the solution. It's very robust. I'd rate it seven out of ten; I'd rate it higher if the community edition was able to offer more collaboration capabilities.

Find out what your peers are saying about Bonitasoft, Camunda, Bizagi and others in Business Process Management (BPM). Updated: October 2021.
543,424 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1350654
Director, ICT Department. at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good user interface and the community support is helpful, but better documentation is needed

• "The user interface is better than all of the open-source BPMs that I have tried."
  • "I have run into a lot of problems because there is not enough documentation."

What is our primary use case?

I have been using Bonita to develop processes using the Bonita Studio. We have only been using it for simple, object console processes.

What is most valuable?

The user interface is better than all of the open-source BPMs that I have tried.

What needs improvement?

I have run into a lot of problems because there is not enough documentation. They should include more examples, as well as sample source code.

We have to relied on community support because we are using the open-source version. There are community websites available to help.

We are using the Community Version, which can be used free of charge.

I was having some trouble running my processes so I have compared Bonita with some other open-source BPM solutions.

What other advice do I have?

In general, Bonita is a very good solution. It is open-source and has a good UI. I find that it is the best in terms of management for BPM features.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud
CR
Partner at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Beneficial low code platform, easy installation, but IoT connectivity needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We are in the early stages of testing this solution. It is used for business process automation.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features is you can create without coding, it is a low code platform.

What needs improvement?

There could be an improvement in IoT connectivity.

I have been using this solution for a couple of days.

We have used Novacura.

The installation was easy.

We have an internal team that does the implementation of Bonita.

The price of the solution is reasonable.

Which other

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

There could be an improvement in IoT connectivity.

I have been using this solution for a couple of days.

We have used Novacura.

The installation was easy.

We have an internal team that does the implementation of Bonita.

The price of the solution is reasonable.

We have evaluated Pega.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Bonita seven out of ten.

Download our free Business Process Management (BPM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Bonitasoft, Camunda, Bizagi, and more!