Bonita Overview

Bonita is the #8 ranked solution in our list of top Process Automation tools. It is most often compared to Camunda Platform: Bonita vs Camunda Platform

What is Bonita?
Bonitasoft helps innovative companies worldwide deliver better digital user experiences for customers and employees. The extensible and open Bonita application platform unleashes the full potential of multidisciplinary development teams to create Living Apps: applications that allow continuous and incremental improvement, connecting tailored user interfaces with reliable back-office operations.

Bonita is also known as Bonita BPM.

Download the Business Process Management (BPM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Bonita Customers
With more than 1000 customers in 75 countries, and its ecosystem of more than 120,000 members, Bonitasoft is the largest provider of open-source Business Process Management, Low-code and Digital Transformation software worldwide.
Bonita Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Bonita pricing:
  • "Licensing cost for the Enterprise edition comes out to be around 40,000 a year. There is also a Community edition, which is free. Some customers can go for the Community edition, but some of them require the Enterprise edition. Big companies go for the Enterprise edition, which comes with a lot of additional features such as a mobile app."
  • "The Community Edition comes free of charge."
  • "We are using the Community Version, which can be used free of charge."
  • "The price of the solution is reasonable."

SaiedKhani
ERP Functional Specialist at Aryasasol
Helps us to create the process, pages, and forms and is easy to use

What is our primary use case?

I use this as part of my solution for BPM (Business Process Management) development.

• "This product is very easy-to-use and user-friendly."
  • "It is missing some important features that other products have."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten where ten is the best, based on my experience, I would give it an eight. It is not a ten because it needs to improve in feature availability.
VN
Senior Director Practice & Delivery at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
Good integrations, helpful for quickly building workflows, and has a Community edition

What is our primary use case?

We are an implementation partner, and we implement Bonita. Most of our implementations are on-premises. It is used for process and workflow automation. When there is heavy customization in the process Bonita is the best compare to other products in the market. We have implemented 30+ processes for various customers (Pharma, Manufacturing, Financial). The tool is very easy to use and built on open-source technology. Easy to integrate with external systems.

• "Flexible and drag-and-drop type of UI is very valuable. The integrations are also very good. You can build workflows very quickly, which is my favorite activity. By using the GUI, you can build the entire mechanism, notifications, and all this kind of stuff."
  • "I should be able to park the tasks that are within a process in a kind of container, and dynamically, a super admin should be able to connect these processes. This kind of feature might be helpful."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. Small and medium businesses can use this product. I would rate Bonita a seven out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Bonitasoft, Camunda, Bizagi and others in Business Process Management (BPM). Updated: June 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Thosleaf Thos
Center of Excellence Technical Lead at UST Global España
The community has useful resources and it is easy to pull information from there

What is our primary use case?

I am using it in a development/pre-production environment for testing.

How has it helped my organization?

not used in production.

What is most valuable?

I really enjoy using the workflow management tool.

What needs improvement?

We are workiong hard to get integrations nailed down.

I have been evaluating the solution for the last month.

I can't evaluate it yet as it has has not been moved into any UAT or production environment.

Not evaluated yet.

For most of the issues, I can find support in the Bonita community. There are useful resources…
ValeryTezo
Senior ICT Consultant/Project Manager at Qualisys
An easy setup and good user interface but modules are limited in the community edition

• "The solution is stable. Even the older versions are stable."
  • "The community edition has limited module functionality. If they could release some of the functionality that's available in the enterprise edition that would be helpful to those learning to use the solution."

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model and the Bonita Community Edition of the solution. I can recommend the solution. It's very robust. I'd rate it seven out of ten; I'd rate it higher if the community edition was able to offer more collaboration capabilities.
reviewer1350654
Director, ICT Department. at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good user interface and the community support is helpful, but better documentation is needed

What is our primary use case?

I have been using Bonita to develop processes using the Bonita Studio. We have only been using it for simple, object console processes.

• "The user interface is better than all of the open-source BPMs that I have tried."
  • "I have run into a lot of problems because there is not enough documentation."

What other advice do I have?

In general, Bonita is a very good solution. It is open-source and has a good UI. I find that it is the best in terms of management for BPM features. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
CR
Partner at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Beneficial low code platform, easy installation, but IoT connectivity needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We are in the early stages of testing this solution. It is used for business process automation.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features is you can create without coding, it is a low code platform.

What needs improvement?

There could be an improvement in IoT connectivity.

I have been using this solution for a couple of days.

We have used Novacura.

The installation was easy.

We have an internal team that does the implementation of Bonita.

The price of the solution is reasonable.

Which other

Download our free Business Process Management (BPM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Bonitasoft, Camunda, Bizagi, and more!