Dynatrace Review
It has made our lives a lot easier and reduces our troubleshooting time.

Valuable Features

Java automation (application monitoring agent)

Improvements to My Organization

• System profiling
  • Early warning alerts
  • Memory and thread dump analysis
  • CPU sampling
  • PurePath technology for easy troubleshooting.

These save us a lot of time because we no longer have to guess and pour through millions of log lines to figure out what is hurting.

Room for Improvement

• UEM
  • Dashboards

Use of Solution

2 years.

No issues. Easy installation.

No issues, but there are a few problems with our Mobile App's Dynatrace Libraries.

No issues.

Great relationship. They respond quick and are readily available to help.

They have a fairly good support team. They are dedicated until the issue is resolved. In case of an emergency or product issue, they will find someone to get on the phone or WebEx.

Yes. The previous solution was very light and not helpful while troubleshooting.

There's always a learning curve in anything, thereafter things are fluid and you rely less and less on support.

Implementation Team

In-house with help from a Dynatrace consultant.

ROI

We don’t share this number, but significant enough that we adopted the tool enterprise wide.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It was about $200,000. Given our small footprint back then, it was not a huge cost. On a day to day level, I can show that it is actually paying us back for multiple reasons. But for the sake of it I’d say about $500.

Other Solutions Considered

When I joined, the product was already in house, and I just had to switch it with the existing one but I heard there were other products evaluated.

Other Advice

Best APM tool I ever worked with. It has made our lives a lot easier and reduces our troubleshooting time. The QA and Performance team will usually just send a screenshot of the problem from Dynatrace to the developers. This way they don’t have to guess, and they know where to look to fix the problem.

Free 15-day Dynatrace Trial

Start free trial instantly. No credit card required.