Dynatrace Review

Has enabled us to integrate APM within the Agile CI and accompanying unit test frameworks within that CI process.

Valuable Features

The test automation feature.

Improvements to My Organization

The test automation feature has enabled APM to “shift as far left” as possible and has enabled us to integrate it within the Agile CI and accompanying unit test frameworks within that CI process.

Room for Improvement

The UI.

Use of Solution

I've been using it for two years.

We had minimal issues, but this was more to do with internal issues than the tool/vendor.

Initially, we had issues scaling it to the enterprise level on a large, complex environment.

It's excellent.

It's excellent.

We used a previous tool which was minimally used by developers, as it was not as deep of a monitoring tool and lacked sufficient support.

I was not directly involved but the complexity was more to do with our own environment than the vendor/tool, and the amount, and placement, of servers needed to support the Dynatrace components.

Implementation Team

We used a mixed team. The vendor team was very technical and available and we learned a lot from them assisting us.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Assure enough and proper training and have a guardian, a single point contact from Dynatrace assigned for your organization to provide timely support/service.

Other Solutions Considered

We also considered:

• New Relic
  • Lucierna
  • AppDynamics
3 visitors found this review helpful
Free 15-day Dynatrace Trial

Start free trial instantly. No credit card required.

3 Comments
Randall HindsReal UserELITE SQUADTOP 10

My team is focused on Production instances, and Dynatrace APM is fanastic in that space. Another team uses it in Dev & Test, but I don't know if they have taken advantage of Test Automation features yet. Pretty cool stuff here.

13 July 15
V.P. - Pre-Production Performance Architect at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employeesReal UserTOP 10

Yeah. We actually brought it in primarily for Production monitoring/tracing but my particular focus and interest is using it as early as possible given my role and continual mantra of preventing before resolving in Prod. :)

Randall HindsReal UserELITE SQUADTOP 10

Our company's Shift Left is just shy of hitting critical mass in adopting Agile practices and all the goodies (like Dynatrace) that make life easier in a DevOps world. I will need to crack a white-paper or two (or 10), but this community post pretty much sold me on the potential benefit.