Dynatrace Review

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use it to monitor application performance and end-user experience.

We are happy with the solution.

How has it helped my organization?

It has given visibility to how an end user utilizes and experiences our service offerings.

What is most valuable?

There are different solutions and I have used many of the different solutions. However, I would say the ease of deployment and use.

Since things are getting more complicated, it is nice to have artificial intelligence to correlate issues and events to come up with root cause.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see internal synthetic tests in the next release, which is already on the roadmap.

More than five years.

Not with Dynatrace SaaS or managed product.

We did have some scaling issues with the DC RUM or Data Center Real User Monitoring. Just with the overall volume that we monitor in a company that I used to work at. We had a hard time being able to scale DC RUM to it, but the Dynatrace product by itself seems to scale pretty well.

I use technical support all the time, generally by email. I would say they are very responsive and generally give us the correct solutions.

We have used the silo monitoring tools in the past, the challenges we faced were correlating the metrics across different silos.

We were using other tools that Compuware and Dynatrace have had in the past. This just led us to using the more updated Dynatrace product solution now.

Initial setup was pretty straightforward.

In-house (myself).

Do a PoC and see if you like it.

We looked at IBM Tealeaf for the replay functionality, most recently. That is about it.

Dynatrace has more end-to-end performance monitoring metrics than we found with other tools.

What other advice do I have?

If I had just one solution which could provide real answers, not just data, the immediate benefit for my team would be to solve problems quicker, and maybe, prevent problems before they happen.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• Their ability to support the product.
  • Their ability to keep up on new technology which needs to be monitored.