Dynatrace Review

You can do deep dive analysis and find root cause quickly, but we need more AI in the product to avoid manual analysis

What is our primary use case?

We do release testing. Every month, we have a release where these are the two factors in which we usually use Dynatrace:

1. Release testing purposes.
  2. Measure the product for any production-related issues.

How has it helped my organization?

Our organization basically runs on demand in production, but it is always enabled in pre-production environment. When we do release testing, we do at least one round of testing using the product.

What is most valuable?

Dynatrace provide us the in-depth details to know what is wrong in the application and what are performance issues, then really quickly we are able to debug any performance issues or any other performance-related issues. It has helped the developers to find the root cause and a faster deployment process with a quicker release process.

What needs improvement?

Right now, the whole analysis part that we are doing is manually. Therefore, if we can implement the analysis part in an AI, it would definitely help to find the root cause quickly and retrieve customers' problem within minutes.

What I would like to see is an AI implemented sensor. Because all analysis that we are doing is basically manual, I want an AI to do it for me. Already some of them features are there, but we need more AI in the product, so if instantly something happens in production, it can alert me by saying, "Hey, this is the problem. You should involve this particular module level." Then, alert the developers to fix the problem, so we can stage it immediately. We want that quick solution with expertise and we want in Dynatrace.

AppDynamics and Dynatrace do not always well together. We have noticed if we run both APM tools in the same server, it gives us sometimes the wrong information, and sometimes it gives us problems. Therefore, we are neither AppDynamics nor Dynatrace in products, server, or pre-prod servers.

Stability is good. It is stable and that can definitely help.

I would rate scalability at a seven out of 10. With any particular problem, it is hard to detect in any of the other APM tools. However, in Dynatrace, we can very quickly find the root cause. It physically gives us the in-depth solution and in-depth view of the root cause. None of the other products gives us that in-depth analysis of the problem.

Customer support is pretty helpful. Two or three days back, we had some issues.  We logged a p zero defect and they resolved the problem within half a day.

We are also using AppDynamics, before we used to use another solution, but recently we changed to AppDynamics.

AppDynamics is deployed for all products and services. We use Dynatrace predominantly for deep dive analysis purposes.

The initial setup went smoothly and it was straightforward. Though, my colleagues did the setup.

• AppD: It is lightweight and high level. You can see all the problems.
  • Dynatrace: People need to learn a lot to do the analysis. Developers need some knowledge to identify the root cause using the Dynatrace product.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend Dynatrace. Based on my experience, you can do deep dive analysis and find root cause quickly. That is our primary reason for using Dynatrace.

If I had one solution that could provide real answers opposed to just providing data, the immediate benefit would be to find any root cause quickly, such as any application-related issues.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• We do not have many licenses, so whenever there is a problem, then only we can enable those agents.
  • User-related issues. We want to be able to see, like users, how they are impacted, if there are any problems or issues.