Dynatrace Review

Ease of deployment via OneAgent is fantastic

What is our primary use case?

Enables fast deployment of application and host monitoring of our estate with minimal user intervention and hosting costs for the tool.

How has it helped my organization?

Currently, we are still in the proof of concept stage, but it has massively addressed time to deployment issues. The integration into ServiceNow has provided key data for populating our CMDB to include service mapping.

What is most valuable?

The ease of deployment via OneAgent, which then finds what is installed on the server, is fantastic. In addition, Dynatrace provides probable root cause for any issues which assists our support team to quickly address issues identified by Dynatrace.

What needs improvement?

The plugin architecture is not very flexible, which makes it difficult to add the custom monitoring not available through Dynatrace, specifically around file monitoring.

Trial/evaluations only.

The proof of concept has been so far successful.

Support from Dynatrace is excellent. They are always on hand for any queries, demos, and/or issues.

We used Dyntrace AppMon. Though it provided a lot of useful information, it was very difficult to deploy, which is why we are looking at Dynatrace.

The initial setup was very straightforward, as it is a SaaS solution.

Dynatrace SaaS was setup by Dynatrace, however deployment of OneAgent was in-house and very straightforward.

Not applicable.

The setup costs for Dynatrace are low, however licensing costs are high.

We also evaluated AppDynamics.