Forcepoint Web Security Review

Offers strong security and is easy to manage but the deployment and configuration is complicated

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider for a variety of products including web security, next-generation firewalls, and DLP. Forcepoint Web Security is one of the products that we implement for our clients.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is security, which is very strong.

Once deployed, the management console is simple and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

In the on-premises version, I don't like the deployment and structuring of the device. It is time-consuming and not as easy to implement as Blue Coat Web Security.

I have been using Forcepoint for about one year.

Forcepoint is stable but not 100%. This solution is Websense-based and because of structure, there is some instability. In general, if it is implemented properly then it will be stable.

While the product is scalable, from a hardware perspective, it may need to be upgraded. It is not a modular appliance, but rather, a server.

Our customers are enterprise-level businesses, in general.

The technical support is very good. Here, in Saudi Arabia, service engineers are very cooperative and the Forcepoint team has a good number of people. Of course, nobody is perfect.

We used to use Blue Coat solutions but in the past couple of years, our business has turned to Forcepoint. Blue Coat Web Security is very easy to implement and configure, more so than Forcepoint.

I have also tried the cloud-based deployment of Forcepoint and it works well. It is very functional and very fine. However, we haven't sold any cloud-based subscriptions because our customers have all wanted on-premises solutions.

The initial setup is somewhat complicated. Implementing this solution and deploying the servers is the challenge. It has to be planned properly but once it is complete, the security features work properly.

The length of time for deployment depends on whether the customer is ready and has all of the prerequisites in place. If everything is ready then the deployment will take a maximum of one week. One problem we sometimes face is that the customer says they are ready and has verified that the prerequisites are in place, but in fact, once we visit the customer we find out that they are not. In cases like this, or when the information we need is not clear, it can take longer to implement.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More Forcepoint Web Security reviews from users