ForgeRock Review

​​Flexible customisation and provides out-of-the-box support for almost all authentication mechanisms/products

What is most valuable?

• Flexibility in the customisation.
  • Out-of-the-box support for almost all authentication mechanisms/products.
  • Hassle-free support to federation protocols (SAML can be enabled and configured in a few mouse clicks).

How has it helped my organization?

This is not directly applicable to me, as I work in the consulting service industry. However, I have seen how it's brought about improvements at our client locations. One of our clients wanted to have a solution with complicated authentication requirements (authenticate users from multiple sources and even from non-standard sources), and they approached several product vendors. ForgeRock was the only solution they found which fit their budget and time frame.

What needs improvement?

It has a promising roadmap and strategy. However, the product still needs to refactor and get rid of the dirty coding from its predecessor. I hope it will improve over time.

More than 10 years. I worked on its predecessor, Sun Java System Access Manager, as well.

Not with the version I’m reviewing. There were issues in previous versions but they were fixed over time.

I have never had any issues with scalability. It depends upon how we spec the environment as well.

It's awesome. Instant responses on support calls.

I used Oracle AM a little bit. Its configuration is a bit confusing and takes a long time.

As I said before, you can install and configure the product in a matter of a few minutes; it’s that easy.

I know it’s cheap compared to other leading AM products. You can even go for the Open Source version of the product if you are building it by yourself and don’t need the support and regular patches.

As I said, I work in the consulting/service industry, hence this is not directly applicable to me.

What other advice do I have?

Just try it and get a feel for the product.

More ForgeRock reviews from users
...who compared it with Symantec Siteminder
Find out what your peers are saying about ForgeRock, Microsoft, Okta and others in Access Management. Updated: June 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.