Google Analytics Review

Provides information to help identify, understand, and make use of our visitor traffic

What is our primary use case?

Through Google Analytics we can see the activity that each visitor exercises within our website and makes up the fundamental basis for the projects we execute in order to constantly improve our website. With Google Analytics, in addition to knowing how many visitors came to our website, we can also obtain information as to whether the traffic is organic, reference, or direct.

How has it helped my organization?

With Google Analytics, we obtain different metrics from all the clients that enter our web environment. The collection of these metrics helps to identify which sections of the site need more growth, and which sections can be trimmed. It also helps create code optimizations that are based on the browser-base of the users who visit your site.

What is most valuable?

We can discover within Google Analytics a lot of information regarding user traffic on our website, which we use to make constant updates and improvements in our company.

I am pleased to know the location of the visitor and thus be able to put together a set of ideas based on their geography.

We can also determine how the users accessed the page and what routes they took within it, which is very useful data for us.

What needs improvement?

Beginner users access the live help section a lot, because of how confusing it is, so it would not be bad if the function was located within the administration section. In addition, the “Not Provided” section tends to hide the entire data set, and it would not be bad if some of that information were available since it could be very useful.

We have been using this solution for five years.

Google Analytics has been my only option and I don't regret it.

The installation cost is really low and does not require a team with a super performance to run. It is really accessible for any organization.

I was evaluating Adobe Analytics and Clicktale but I preferred this software.

What other advice do I have?

In my opinion, Google Analytics fulfills the role it plays in a good way. It is a lightweight platform that is easy to use and has a good team behind it. It can provide the solutions that the team requires, and honestly, it is the perfect platform for e-commerce. IT departments should do well when developing with this product.