Google Analytics Review

Insights into user behavior and experience help to maximize value

What is our primary use case?

Since 2008, nearly every website I have worked on as an SEO and digital marketing professional has had Google Analytics deployed. Either I have installed it personally, or there is a working installation of it already placed on the website. If your site does not have this deployed, you are missing out on some seriously valuable data at no cost.

How has it helped my organization?

Google Analytics gives us vital information about how users of a website encounter the site, what they do on the site, and where they start/stop/complete the desired actions that we want them to take. This tool allows us to improve the results of client campaigns at scale.

What is most valuable?

As an SEO and digital marketing professional, the two features I have found the most valuable about Google Analytics are the Acquisition tracking and the Goal tracking. These two areas allow me to figure out where traffic to websites is coming from and which channels of traffic bring the most value to the goals on the site.

What needs improvement?

I don't think this will ever actually happen, but it would be great if keyword data came back! An SEO can always dream, right?

An area where I would like to see improvement in Google Analytics is the auto-syncing of functions in Google Tag Manager into Goal tracking. That way, you wouldn't have to manually configure everything to work in the platform.

I have been using Google Analytics for over ten years.

More Google Analytics reviews from users