GoToMeeting Review

Enables us to save money on travel and has good screen sharing features

What is our primary use case?

My boss uses it every week because it is what we use for having all of our meetings. Because of COVID-19 and all, we had to cancel all of our business trips, and we are conducting all of our meetings with GoToMeeting.

What is most valuable?

I think all the features are very useful, especially the rooms features and we present with screen sharing. Instead of organizing conferences, we are able to do that online. This has been saving us from spending on travel. From the beginning of this year, because of GoToMeeting, I have canceled I think three or four business trips.

Normally, we do spend a lot on travel in the office. But while my boss was experiencing GoToMeeting, the conference call that enables us to do presentations and deal with clients, he realized that we could be doing it all via GoToMeeting instead of going from one country to another one. We have saved a lot and we are very satisfied with it.

We had a conversation about GoToMeeting on Friday and he said that he will continue with it. We are planning to register for more accounts. Because we had registered with the trial version.

What needs improvement?

I don't know whether it is an issue or not but my boss was asking me if person one is in one room, and another person wanted to use another room at the same time, I don't know whether it is possible. Normally, I don't use that feature as much as my boss does. He was saying that we have to see about that feature, if there's a possibility to use two rooms at the same time, with two staff members logging into the same account, at the same time.

I have been using it since the beginning of this year. Secure Services proposed it to me, and I proposed it to my boss. We started with a trial version of course, and after that, he saw that it is a very helpful tool, since we've got lots of meetings to do, and we can't just go travel. We even use it for our weekly conference calls with all the 18 members in the company. After that, we integrated all of our clients together. We even did a Webinar with GoToMeeting. In fact, I have one next week.

For the time being, scalability is okay. It's suitable for our requirements.

We have 15 users in the Mauritius branch, 25 in Paris, and we have 5 users in Switzerland.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a nine out of ten.

I would like for them to incorporate a whiteboard feature. With Teams, while doing a presentation, and while discussing with clients, sometimes we do use that option. And on Teams I can see that this feature is there.

More GoToMeeting reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Webex
Learn what your peers think about GoToMeeting. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.