GoToMeeting Review

Good iPhone support but it is too slow compared to other products

What is our primary use case?

We are no longer using GoToMeeting but we were using it for video conferencing.

What is most valuable?

The most important feature for me was the iPhone app.

What needs improvement?

GoToMeeting is too slow, which is why we no longer use it.

I don't like the fact that you have to enter your password every time you use it. My phone is my phone and it should assume that it is me using it when a call comes in. It should be more flexible in this regard because if my iPhone rings then I can answer it. However, if GoToMeeting rings, then I can't just answer it without entering a password. It isn't as if it is a bank or a wallet for electronic currency.

I was using GoToMeeting for about a year and a half.

It is a stable solution.

It is scalable because the stability was consistent, even as the number of meeting participants increased. We have perhaps 60 users in the company.

I have not been in contact with technical support.

Prior to GoToMeeting, I used Webex and Zoom. I also have experience with Google Hangouts.

With Google Hangouts, I have the same problem with the speed of the connection slowing down too much when we are sharing screens.

GoToMeeting was too slow, so our company has changed to Zoom. With Zoom, we don't have as much trouble with the connection speed slowing down when we are sharing screens.

What other advice do I have?

GoToMeeting is a nice program and they have a lot of features.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More GoToMeeting reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Webex
Learn what your peers think about GoToMeeting. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,015 professionals have used our research since 2012.