IBM Integration Bus Review

A well-rounded product with good stability and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a basic integration platform for all the complicated technology solutions we have.

What is most valuable?

The solution's features are all quite useful. We use all of them.

What needs improvement?

Currently, we have some custom solutions for logs; it would be nice if these solutions could be provided out of the box.

The solution doesn't have a standard testing framework that can be used for integration performance and other tests.

The user interface could be improved in a future release.

I've been using the solution for 15 years.

The solution is stable.

The response from technical support is typically quick. However, sometimes when we ask IBM to fix coding, that can take several months. I understand this is because the product is quite sizable.  They can often answer our questions without having to fix the entire product itself and they give a quick and detailed response.

We previously used other solutions, including Oracle, specifically Oracle Fusion Middleware. IBM is much better. It has many more options and offers more functionality. IBM offers better customization, configuration, and options in general.

The initial setup is reasonable. However, the product requires administrators and developers to spend some time studying or to have previous experience.  Deployment is very fast.

The first time we purchased the tool, we worked with a consulting company that assisted in the implementation. Now that we have experience, we handle it ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution ten out of ten.

More IBM Integration Bus reviews from users