Intellect BPM Review

I would say the valuable features are the form design, drill-down capabilities and dashboard design.

Valuable Features

I would say the valuable features are the form design. The form design is extremely, extremely intuitive, and also the dashboard design. I also love the drill-down capabilities and so forth. I would say it's some of the two best assets in those features in the product.

Improvements to My Organization

I think in terms of complication backlog, for us, our customers were a consulting outfit so any organization, any customers that have a very small or short, small IT staff and they have a backlog of work that needs to be done in terms of developing applications, I think this is a great fit for that kind of a model where you go in with no coding. You can develop applications as well as workflows very quickly.

Room for Improvement

One of the areas that I'd like to see improved, or actually it could be added in, is integration with some of the other platforms. For instance Microsoft Office, SharePoint, CRM and all other platforms. One other thing that they really need to put in is that BPM is central to everything and that you are integrating right into your line of business applications, your line of business applications can be written in C-sharp, can be written in Java. You want to access that information and then create a workflow or create an application.

If you want to access other platforms such as SharePoint, and/or integrate with them. Whether it be create folders, writing data to it and so forth via Intellect, or Microsoft CR communicating with CRM, that is also very important. Getting data as well as updating data from the CRM and SharePoint is very important because if you look in any organization data is all over the place.

So where the BPM platform comes in, a true BPM platform is not only workflow. It should be able to extract data, get data from multiple platforms, and then interact. So the way I see it is that a true good BPM platform is, BPM is central to everything to your organization.

Use of Solution

3 years.

We have had no issues, I've been very, very impressed with it.

So for our need it has been very sufficient, very adequate. We don't have all the implementations you have done. We don't have a huge, large number of users. What's important to us is the process, in terms of that's more important to us. In terms of scalability we have had no issues so far.

I would say they have been knowledgeable and proactive. They're all very supportive and very good because one of the things that I always look for in a product is support. I've been with other organizations where support has been very lackluster, so this, Intellect is one of the better ones out there.

I would say the Intellect product is probably one of the most straightforward set up I have been exposed to. There are other products which I still work on a day-to-day basis which is a whole lot harder, learning curve is a lot more steeper. This is one of the better ones out there.

Implementation Team

In-house.

Other Advice

My advice would be to use the product, I mean it's funny though. If you show this product to a hardcore developer thery're going to say no-no, because it's job security.

Programmers like to write code and in Intellect you don't write code; you configure, so that's a big difference in there.

The people that we talk to are the CIOs and those kind of folks because if they want you to improve productivity in a given organization in terms of making the backlog, application backlog shorter, then I would say this is a great, great tool. So that's the advice that I would give. It alleviates or shortens your development cycle many, many fold.

I think the licensing model has been very, very clear. Obviously the price has gone up so no one would like to see that, which is good for them. The licensing pricing model for us and the vendors to implement this was great. Still really it doesn't matter because I think as far as customers are concerned any time when you convey the message that this is cheap usually there's a psychological barrier that cheap means they're not necessarily good.

Sometimes when things are a little bit more expensive the notion is okay, this has got to be a good product, so it works both ways.

Disclosure: IT Central Station contacted the reviewer to collect the review and to validate authenticity. The reviewer was referred by the vendor, but the review is not subject to editing or approval by the vendor. The reviewer's company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partners