LogMeIn Central Review

Fast with an easy setup and a good interface

What is our primary use case?

UPDATE #2: 2021.03.28 @ 21:15 - I was asked if I could provide further insight into the stability of LogMeIn Central, and as noted in this review, I'm not an expert on the product. That said, I'll be testing LogMeIn Central on a number of internal systems, VMs, and client systems over the next few weeks. I'll report back with my findings after my tests have been completed. After reviewing other's notes about LogMeIn Central on various websites, I suspect my findings will be favorable.

UPDATE #1: 2021.03.11 @ 0630 - I spent about an hour and a half last night reviewing LogMeIn Central's tool set, interface, functionality, and capabilities. I can honestly report that I'm going to be giving this RMM tool a serious look, and have added it to the other potential tools to use. Although, I'm still unsure if it has many of the functions I want in a robust RMM. I'll report back later...

The solution was used to manage several things including: end-user support, performing backups, performing system and virus updates, running reports, remote programming, fixing bugs, checking system logs, performing registry edits, doing network configurations, etc. These were primarily Microsoft Windows environments - servers, desktops, network appliances, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

It allowed me to respond rapidly to system and security issues, whether connecting on the local network or remotely over the internet.

What is most valuable?

I liked the speed, and even over a slow connection it wasn't that bad. Although over slow connections there was noticeable mouse jitter and delays in rendering the interface - which was expected. I remember the interface being very clean and easy to navigate. I liked the depth of drill-down into the systems I connected to and I could get into everything I needed to. The initial setup was straight forward and simple.

What needs improvement?

I recall that there was something about the pricing structure that wasn't ideal, but I cannot recall the exact details. I’ve been looking at: ConnectWise, Kaseya, N-Able [ SolarWinds non-hacked tool :-) ], and others. But I think it’s an oversight, on my part, that I didn’t consider LogMeIn as an RMM tool for some current projects. I’m going to give LogMeIn a fair shake going forward. One of the items I’d like to see is a robust API, like ConnectWise has – I assume there is one. All in all, I think anyone looking for an RMM solution, should give LogMeIn a good look, as I was previously very satisfied with the product(s).

I started using LogMeIn’s tools almost from the company’s inception and used it on a limited basis within the last 12 months, although not very heavily.

I didn’t find many stability issues but as would be expected, did experience crashes periodically. As far as what the contributing factors were, I rarely looked very deep and just restarted the application and/or systems.

I'm unsure of the scalability potential. Compared to ConnectWise, SolarWinds (N-Able), Kaseya or other tools - I just don't know the current capabilities of LogMeIn Central. I wasn’t managing a lot of nodes when I was using it, so my knowledge of its scalability may not be of much value. I remember reading in the documentation and on the company’s website about scalability, but again, I don’t know. A colleague who I turned over an old client to, had several clients he was/is supporting with LogMeIn tool(s) and he’s very satisfied with the product suite.

I don't recall ever reaching out to technical support. I was able to figure out most things on my own. There weren't really any issues I couldn't solve from my end by reviewing the support docs.

This was the first RMM solution I ever used. Before that, the only remote management methods I used were via Remote Desktop, connecting over VPNs, connecting with PutTTY, or some other secure connection method. I added LogMeIn; at the time, to make it easier to manage the systems - and it worked like a charm!

I remember the initial implementation being simple, especially if you're just doing a quick setup. If I just needed to help someone (in an one-off use case), I could just send an (agent link) to a client, which they then ran, and we were up and running!

Just in house...

All in all, the ROI was great as it saved me a lot of time - And time is money!

I forget what the pricing model was, but I do remember there was something I did not like about it. However, I remember that whatever the price is/was, I found it acceptable given the value I received from the product.

At the time - not really.

See my answer above under - "Did you previously use a different solution..."

What other advice do I have?

I'm just a customer and an end-user. I've used different versions/iterations of LogMeIn tools over several years. I do remember it got better over time and I used it almost every day at the time. The last time I used it, I shared the login credentials with a colleague who always has the most recent version. I would likely recommend the solution to others. However, with the disclaimer that I haven't used it as frequently or as thoroughly to give a good assessment.

I'd give the products a nine out of ten, and only because of my limited usage.

I use AWS, Azure, Google, Private/On-Prem cloud solutions, with IBM forthcoming for other purposes. I gather LogMeIn Central will allow management of these environments. Again, I’ll give LogMeIn a deeper look now.

Hybrid Cloud

Other
More LogMeIn Central reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about LogMeIn, ConnectWise, Kaseya and others in Remote Monitoring and Management Software. Updated: June 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.