LogMeIn Central Review

I'm able to remotely update servers and workstations in off-hours

What is our primary use case?

Remote access to servers when off-site, and remote access to users' PCs in remote offices.

How has it helped my organization?

It’s enabled me to remotely do updates to servers and workstations in off-hours – without needing to travel into the office. Makes my life much easier.

What is most valuable?

The ability to remotely access machines with no user intervention required at the remote terminal. Other software we used needed someone to click a link and do a download for me to provide support. Now, with LogMeIn Central, I can get in and fix things while they are away from their desks.

What needs improvement?

The client could have a bit more functionality, as some changes can only be made through the web interface.  (Name and group changes for machines, for example).

Three to five years.

Honestly, no issues with stability. It has worked on every platform I’ve tried it on, and not interfered with anything.

No issues with scalability.

I have never needed to use tech support.

GoToAssist used previously, and still do in some cases. It was awkward, required user intervention, and often got stuck on admin things.

Straightforward. Click the installer, click "Next" a few times, finished.

It used to be a lot cheaper but then the price shot up (doubled over the span of two years), but it's hard to switch, and most competing products are similarly priced anyway.

A few, I don’t recall which ones. It was a number of years ago.

What other advice do I have?

With this software I am managing about 90 desktops/laptops in various states around the country, plus several of my servers in the main office in DC; all Windows, of various versions.

We are not leveraging LogMeIn Central to keep our endpoints secure. We use a combination of Trend Micro XGen and Malwarebytes Enterprise.

Currently we are about 99% onsite, with minimal cloud usage.

I give it eight out of 10 because it does the job exactly the way I need it to. It's lacking a few features, but as we are using the free client, that’s to be expected.

My advice would be, make sure you get enough licenses!