ManageEngine OpManager Review

Device backups are smooth and managed centrally with a nice dashboard

What is our primary use case?

For enterprise clients:

• Platform monitoring
  • Network device monitoring
  • Fault monitoring
  • Alerting
  • Device configuration backups.

How has it helped my organization?

I have only evaluated OpManager in a lab. I have not implemented it in a real environment.

The product was fairly straightforward as far as setup is concerned. Although, the evaluation software provided did not include ISOs or OVAs. I am not certain whether this is just for the evaluation. This made it slightly more difficult to build a virtualized instance.

Device onboarding is easy, and there is pretty broad support for network and network security devices.

What is most valuable?

1. Defining thresholds and other alerting criteria is fairly simple and would not require a lot of training. This is very useful if you are managing a large environment.
  2. Device backups are smooth and managed centrally, with a nice dashboard, so you can quickly see the status.

What needs improvement?

Needs an OVA, or more support for virtual deployments. Building a virtual instance of OpManager and OpManager Probe was a bit difficult because there was no OVA available.

Trial/evaluations only.