MEGA HOPEX Review

It's an integrated architecture, so you can depict business processes with BPMN notation, and identify every system that participated in the process then generate the application architecture.

What is most valuable?

As a business and process analyst, I found the Mega Process module very powerful. Since Hopex is an integrated architecture, it was possible to depict business processes with BPMN notation, and identify every system that participated in the process then generate the application architecture. It is also possible to generate textual procedures from the process models with Mega Process, and it is possible to export all processes to the enterprise architecture (TOGAF) module if needed.

How has it helped my organization?

As a consultant, I implemented Mega Process in different enterprises. For example, you create a process referential, which means, you depict the general cartography and all the subsequent levels (process layers), until the finest level. You're able to see all these levels in one space, using the the drill down technique to spread them, and see all the details for each process the process referential can be shown to every SME or users by installing the publisher module.

What needs improvement?

The most important thing to be improved is the reliability. Mega should pay more attention because from time to time, the screen freezes or the application stops working without saving the work.

I've used it for more than 14 months.

I've had no issues with the deployment, and I've done three.

I've had no issues with the stability.

I've had no issues scaling it for our needs.

9/10 - They were very useful.

9/10 - They were very useful.

I used to use the AG BPM solution, and it wasn't my decision to switch.

The initial setup was a bit tricky, because Mega made a strong security procedure to avoid hacking their solution, but after a few times, the process become pretty clear.

As a reseller, I implement the solution with the help of the vendor in the client environment, so I am not very aware about the Mega Hopex architecture and technical view.

I found the price in the middle range of these kinds of products.

What other advice do I have?

Before implementation, you will find it useful to visit the Mega community website https://community.mega.com/. I found it very helpful on many occasions, for example, you can find many tips about the implementation.