MEGA HOPEX Overview

MEGA HOPEX is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top GRC tools. It is most often compared to ARIS BPA: MEGA HOPEX vs ARIS BPA

What is MEGA HOPEX?

MEGA’s HOPEX platform helps you to understand the relationships throughout your company’s ecosystem. If you think of your business like a Jenga tower, pulling out the wrong block could collapse your tower. MEGA provides visibility that enables you to make intelligent decisions and strategic investments, respond to market changes, and ensure that strategies are linked to execution. Now you’ll know which blocks to pull, and why.

With MEGA’s software platform, manage enterprise complexity for optimal business performance. Gain a stronger understanding of your organization’s strategy, investments, processes, risks, and IT landscape. We’re proud to have customers who have achieved a 300+% ROI. Together, let’s see how we can do even better for your business.

Download the Architecture Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

MEGA HOPEX Customers

Aetna, Fannie Mae, M&T Bank, Glatfelter Insurance Group, Zions Management Services Company, The College Board, Baxter Credit Union, AXA Financial, Missouri Department of Conservation, New York State OTDA, MEG Energy Corp, Walgreens, Procter & Gamble, Biogen Idec, Gilead Sciences, Organic Valley, Trinity Health, Nissan and Ford

MEGA HOPEX Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about MEGA HOPEX pricing:
  • "It is very expensive."

SA
IT Consultant at a sports company with 501-1,000 employees
A straightforward initial setup with helpful technical support

What is our primary use case?

Currently, we are just using the business model's architecture and MEGA's architecture.

• "The initial setup was straightforward. With configuration, customizing or prepping the data and deployment, it took about one year to set up. We only needed two people to deploy and maintain the solution: one business architect and someone who specializes in customization and operations."
  • "They do tend to push people to their professional services, instead of helping the customers with their problems. I understand this is their business. At the same time, however, they need to work on fact sheets or offer some program to help the customers who want to implement it themselves and to make it run properly in their environment."

What other advice do I have?

We don't use the solution on a large scale. We mainly just use it in the IT department. We're using the on-premises deployment solution. Originally, about two years ago, we set up the solution, then we froze work on it. Recently we started it up again, but it needed to re-configure the solution because our business requirements had changed. MEGA typically exceeds most of the needs of a client in terms of what they offer. As for advice to others considering using this solution, I'd say this: you need to study the modules and to match them to your business requirements before you begin so you…
MG
IT Consulting Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Powerful EA Application, but the challenge is how to maximize its features

What is our primary use case?

I don't use MEGA HOPEX myself, but I deliver it to my clients. Our clients' primary use case of this solution is for IT portfolio management. Our clients use it to determine things like application redundancy or if they want to get an overview of the full landscape of the application architecture. Also if they want to know the conflict detection between the application life cycle and the technology life cycle that supports the application.

• "I find the IT portfolio management very valuable and helpful."
  • "Scalability can be a problem sometimes."

What other advice do I have?

I think that MEGA HOPEX is a comprehensive EA solution, but the challenge is how to use it properly so that it works for your organization. On a scale from one to 10, I rate it an eight.
Find out what your peers are saying about MEGA International, Sparx Systems, Orbus Software and others in Architecture Management. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AH
Software Architect at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
Good unified repository and good availability but is quite expensive

What is our primary use case?

We picked it as we wanted something that included all of the shapes represented in the software architecture solutions of our company. We created near 2,000 products that we have in the company. We used this product to represent the software architecture of our solutions and the mapping within the processes of the company. We tried to map a set of fields and we have and combined it with the processes of the company.

• "Its availability is very good."
  • "The solution is quite expensive."

What other advice do I have?

We are customers and end-users. We don't have a business relationship with the company. I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten. If the architecture was a bit better, I might rate it higher.
Oscar Perez
Founding Partner at BIT4DATA SPAIN
Reseller
It provides a unique repository with good and tight integration

What is our primary use case?

We are partners and resellers of MEGA HOPEX and I'm a consultant and director of our company.

• "Every module sets up the same information in a unique repository."
  • "Lacking more out of the box integrations."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend contacting MEGA, asking questions and analyzing your requirements against the solution. MEGA has multiple language support and not only for technical support. The tool is also available in different languages. If your company needs enterprise architecture then you won't have any difficulty with MEGA. I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.
EA
Consultant at CDS
A scalable solution that offers full management from a single window

What is our primary use case?

Personally, I have not worked in the production side for this product. I am on the engineering side and perform maintenance on different solutions in the company, including this one. I am assisting a local company with its maintenance at two different sites. For the most part, 95%, MEGA HOPEX is being used for change management. It is also being used for incident management.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that the software controls everything from a single management window. That is a real plus

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more regular updates released. The deployment should be made easier.

I have been using MEGA HOPEX for about a year and a half.

What do I think

PD
Architecte entreprise at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
Good functionality, but better documentation and training is needed

What is our primary use case?

The modules that we use are MEGA Process and MEGA Architecture.

• "This is a complete package with all of the functionality that we need."
  • "Better documentation and training would be helpful."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering MEGA HOPEX is that it's a complete solution. All of the functionality is implemented. However, it is a complex product. Somebody who wants to use it should understand all of the functionality, but select only 20% of the concepts and use them very well. It's not necessary to use the full functionality and we spent too much time on the gain we received. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
AmdAli
IT Manager at Kuraimi Bank
Has valuable business process features and a quick deployment

• "The solution is scalable. If a company needs to expand it, it's completely possible to do so."
  • "The features are limited. I'm hoping in the future the solution will be bigger and include more items. Right now, overall, it needs more."

What other advice do I have?

We're only customers. We aren't partners or resellers of the solution. I'm not sure which version of the solution we're currently using. I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. The solution is one of the best. We've been very happy with it.
CS
CTO / Chief Architect and Strategist at CGS Strategy LLC
Provides a shared repository with component reuse, but it has a steep learning curve

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for capability assessment and modeling business processes.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution provides a shared repository for EA artifacts and enterprise components.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the reuse of common enterprise components and entities.

What needs improvement?

The tool usability is weak and it also has a high learning curve.

I have been using this solution for five years.