MEGA HOPEX OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

MEGA HOPEX is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top GRC tools. It is most often compared to ARIS BPA: MEGA HOPEX vs ARIS BPA

What is MEGA HOPEX?

MEGA’s HOPEX platform helps you to understand the relationships throughout your company’s ecosystem. If you think of your business like a Jenga tower, pulling out the wrong block could collapse your tower. MEGA provides visibility that enables you to make intelligent decisions and strategic investments, respond to market changes, and ensure that strategies are linked to execution. Now you’ll know which blocks to pull, and why.

With MEGA’s software platform, manage enterprise complexity for optimal business performance. Gain a stronger understanding of your organization’s strategy, investments, processes, risks, and IT landscape. We’re proud to have customers who have achieved a 300+% ROI. Together, let’s see how we can do even better for your business.

Download the Architecture Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

MEGA HOPEX Customers

Aetna, Fannie Mae, M&T Bank, Glatfelter Insurance Group, Zions Management Services Company, The College Board, Baxter Credit Union, AXA Financial, Missouri Department of Conservation, New York State OTDA, MEG Energy Corp, Walgreens, Procter & Gamble, Biogen Idec, Gilead Sciences, Organic Valley, Trinity Health, Nissan and Ford

MEGA HOPEX Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about MEGA HOPEX pricing:
  • "It is very expensive."

MEGA HOPEX Reviews

MG
IT Consulting Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Powerful EA Application, but the challenge is how to maximize its features

• "I find the IT portfolio management very valuable and helpful."
  • "Scalability can be a problem sometimes."

What is our primary use case?

I don't use MEGA HOPEX myself, but I deliver it to my clients. Our clients' primary use case of this solution is for IT portfolio management. Our clients use it to determine things like application redundancy or if they want to get an overview of the full landscape of the application architecture. Also if they want to know the conflict detection between the application life cycle and the technology life cycle that supports the application.

What is most valuable?

I find the IT portfolio management very valuable and helpful.

What needs improvement?

The support service form MEGA is quite good, but it could be better regarding the EA system competition is getting tougher. I feel that there isn't enough time spent on conservation or knowledge sharing with the MEGA support team. The extensive knowledge sharing is needed, due to MEGA HOPEX has a comprehensive but also complex practical framework. I feels very often struggle to figure out the capabilities of MEGA HOPEX, especially how to maximize the utility of the system.

I have been working with MEGA HOPEX for two years now.

My experience is that stability depends on the customization. If you use basic customization, it's quite stable, but if you have many customizations, I cannot say it's stable.

But if you have moderate customization, it's quite stable I think. The client must be able to adjust the requirements of the application.

We haven't tried to scale yet, but I believe it's quite big scalable for all layers of EA.

I work closely with the technical support team of MEGA HOPEX. If we can't get a solution for a client, we ask the technical team to give us some guidelines on how to resolve the problem.

The initial setup wasn't too complex, but it wasn't easy either. Sometimes you will need to get help from an engineer that has technical knowledge.

Deployment doesn't take too long. If the client doesn't have high compliance security, it will take between two or three weeks. It took us almost two months to do the upgrade. But it wasn't caused by the system. It was caused by the security compliance.

It's  better if it's the price is more flexible.

What other advice do I have?

I think that MEGA HOPEX is a comprehensive EA solution, but the challenge is how to use it properly so that it works for your organization. On a scale from one to 10, I rate it an eight.

AH
Software Architect at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
Good unified repository and good availability but is quite expensive

• "Its availability is very good."
  • "The solution is quite expensive."

What is our primary use case?

We picked it as we wanted something that included all of the shapes represented in the software architecture solutions of our company. We created near 2,000 products that we have in the company. We used this product to represent the software architecture of our solutions and the mapping within the processes of the company.

We tried to map a set of fields and we have and combined it with the processes of the company.

What is most valuable?

The main feature that we like the most is the ability to have a unique repository where all the architects can interact and play together with the shapes of different architecture solutions. They have a unified repository where users can share the developments they're working on.

Its availability is very good.

We've had some internal changes in the company. It allows us to start with an initiative that will accumulate new architecture solutions. At this moment, the initiative works with specifically with HOPEX and we are able to adapt it to our new company direction.

What needs improvement?

I can't speak to which features are missing. I don't have any information on that and don't really have any input.

The solution is quite expensive.

We've been using the solution since before the pandemic. We started using it around 2019.

We use Sparx Systems as well as MEGA HOPEX. Our organization bought both solutions.

I found that the solution is very expensive for what it does. We are integrated with both HOPEX and Sparx solutions, however, Sparx Systems we work with on a set of licenses that we had previously, in 2018. We find it a bit less expensive.

Since we use both HOPEX and Sparx, it's easy to compare the two.

For example, if you compare the price of MEGA HOPEX with Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect, Sparx is cheaper. Our company is looking at pricing and it's an important factor we are taking into account. However, Sparx can be a bit slow. If you are trying to design software architecture, sometimes we run into issues and need to refresh. HOPEX also occasionally needs to be refreshed as well, actually.

We find Sparx to be more useable as well.

What other advice do I have?

We are customers and end-users. We don't have a business relationship with the company.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten. If the architecture was a bit better, I might rate it higher.

Find out what your peers are saying about MEGA International, Sparx Systems, Orbus Software and others in Architecture Management. Updated: October 2021.
543,424 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Oscar Perez
Founding Partner at BIT4DATA SPAIN
Reseller
It provides a unique repository with good and tight integration

• "Every module sets up the same information in a unique repository."
  • "Lacking more out of the box integrations."

What is our primary use case?

We are partners and resellers of MEGA HOPEX and I'm a consultant and director of our company.

What is most valuable?

MEGA has different models and different disciplines, but perhaps for me, the best feature would be that it has one unique repository for all of them. On the modules, they are MEGA HOPEX, IT portfolio management, enterprise architecture, business process, analytics, governance, risk and compliance. Every module sets up the same information in a unique repository. It's a very good and tight integration for every stakeholder in the company.

What needs improvement?

There is always room for improvement. Of course, if they could reduce the price it would be more helpful for selling or buying it. They could also perhaps include more out of the box integrations.

I've been using this solution for four years.

The stability has definitely improved with the more recent releases.

The scalability is good. You can have a few users, or you can have hundreds and it's not an issue. Most of our clients are enterprise companies.

We haven't had any issues with technical support. Every time we need anything, we've received it. They have a lot of material, and a very big community also, which helps a lot for the different customizations.

The initial setup is reasonably straightforward. It requires some kind of training, but nothing too difficult. Within two days you can almost become an expert in every model, for sure.

One of my colleagues carried out an evaluation of some other solutions and I believe his main claim was that the other tools were not a whole solution. You have providers and companies that give you different solutions for every arena in enterprise architecture and not always the integration or sharing of the common objects that you need.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend contacting MEGA, asking questions and analyzing your requirements against the solution. MEGA has multiple language support and not only for technical support. The tool is also available in different languages. If your company needs enterprise architecture then you won't have any difficulty with MEGA.

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.

EA
Consultant at CDS
A scalable solution that offers full management from a single window

What is our primary use case?

Personally, I have not worked in the production side for this product. I am on the engineering side and perform maintenance on different solutions in the company, including this one. I am assisting a local company with its maintenance at two different sites. For the most part, 95%, MEGA HOPEX is being used for change management. It is also being used for incident management.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that the software controls everything from a single management window. That is a real plus

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more regular updates released. The deployment should be made easier.

I have been using MEGA HOPEX for about a year and a half.

What do I think

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more regular updates released.

The deployment should be made easier.

I have been using MEGA HOPEX for about a year and a half.

This solution is stable for the end-users; however, it is not stable on the development side. Working from the cloud means working from a non-management platform.

HOPEX is quite scalable. The company that I am working with has approximately 200 people using this solution. Some of the are engineers, whereas others are technicians.

It was harder to follow the documentation than I expected.

I have never set up a production site, although I have set up a development site. I can say that it wasn't easy but it wasn't hard, either. The difficulty and complexity of the initial setup is somewhere in the middle.

Deploying to the 200 sites took approximately two months.

I had some assistance from other engineers in my company when I deployed within the development environment. I also received a little bit of technical help from the vendor.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to consider using VMware because it has been helpful for us. I would also suggest getting help with the implementation.

Microsoft Azure
PD
Architecte entreprise at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
Good functionality, but better documentation and training is needed

• "This is a complete package with all of the functionality that we need."
  • "Better documentation and training would be helpful."

What is our primary use case?

The modules that we use are MEGA Process and MEGA Architecture.

What is most valuable?

This is a complete package with all of the functionality that we need.

What needs improvement?

The user interface for the version that we are using is not modern.

This is a complex product. For me, all of the functionality in this product exists, but it is not well explained. Better documentation and training would be helpful.

It was very difficult to adapt MEGA to our way of working. You have to spend 40% of the time thinking about how you will implement and use the MEGA concept.

I have been working with MEGA HOPEX for 10 years.

We have had some issues with stability but they are related to Citrix, and not due to MEGA.

I have not been in contact with technical support.

My company also uses Planview, but not the part that is dealing with architecture.

We have an internal support team and when we have a problem, we contact them.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering MEGA HOPEX is that it's a complete solution. All of the functionality is implemented. However, it is a complex product. Somebody who wants to use it should understand all of the functionality, but select only 20% of the concepts and use them very well. It's not necessary to use the full functionality and we spent too much time on the gain we received.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

AmdAli
IT Manager at Kuraimi Bank
Has valuable business process features and a quick deployment

• "The solution is scalable. If a company needs to expand it, it's completely possible to do so."
  • "The features are limited. I'm hoping in the future the solution will be bigger and include more items. Right now, overall, it needs more."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features for us are related to business processes.

What needs improvement?

I've been using the solution for three years so far.

At first, the solution wasn't too stable. It's improved. Now it's okay.

We only have one person currently working on the solution.

The initial implementation has a moderate amount of difficulty. It's mostly easy, but there were a few items in the release I implemented that were challenging.

Deployment took us about three days. It didn't take too long.

The licensing is on a yearly basis. I'm not sure exactly what the yearly costs are, as I don't handle this aspect of the solution. I believe it may be around $2,000-$3,000.

What other advice do I have?

We're only customers. We aren't partners or resellers of the solution.

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're currently using.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. The solution is one of the best. We've been very happy with it.