MEGA HOPEX Review

Good for enterprise and architecture modeling, but lacks capability for process automation

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is process modeling.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for this solution is the automatic updating and propagation of changes across the system. For example, when we make a change in one of our organizational charts, the changes are automatically made in all of the other processes. This saves us time as compared to in the past when this had to be done manually.

It is a user-friendly solution.

What needs improvement?

We use this solution for modeling and we do not have an application side to create forms and deploy applications. It would be helpful if we could use this solution to model an application and then deploy it.

If would be better for us if there was a cloud version of this solution available.

Continuous integration and DevOps is not yet handled by this solution.

We would like to see integration with other products, such as being able to use our workflow with SharePoint and Microsoft Office.

Between two and three years.

The stability of this solution is ok.

The scalability of this product is something that we found issues with during migration. I would rate the scalability of this solution at sixty percent.

It is only my team, the Quality Department, who uses this solution and there are four of us. The other people in the company refer to the reports that it produces but do not use the product directly.

I would rate this solution's technical support a six out of ten.

I have also used Kissflow, which is able to handle both the organizational side and the application side. Using that solution we can model, create forms, and deploy it like an app. We can have a workflow to help organize the company. It isn't just for understanding how a process works.

The initial setup for this solution was straightforward and easy.

We did have a problem with migration from an older version to a newer one. There was an issue where our administrator made an error and we lost data. We spoke with our partner and they suggested that we should pay because it was our mistake. In the end, we lost thirty percent of our data.

We bought this solution directly from the vendor in Morocco, and they helped us with the implementation. It was really good.

If you want to use additional features, such as the Risk Management capability, then it is a little too expensive.

What other advice do I have?

This solution can be used for modeling, and the publication for employees to consult on the process and design. It can not be used to automate processes or create an application. Therefore, if you want it for enterprise architecture and modeling then it is a very good solution. On the other hand, if you want it for process automation then it is not.

When we migrated to this solution it was difficult. I don't think that we had enough documentation. We felt it was important to switch to the new version because the older one is no longer supported. The impression we have is that when you want to do something like a migration, they want you to pay extra consulting fees. For mid-sized companies, this is sometimes not in the budget.

It is a little bit frustrating that we do not have process automation. Without this, we cannot scale this solution to the new services of our company.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.