Microsoft Azure Review

ExpressRoute makes it easy to connect to services, but it could be more user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

We are a service provider and Azure is one of the products that I use to assist my clients.

What is most valuable?

I like the ExpressRoute because that makes it easy to configure connectivity to Azure-hosted services.

What needs improvement?

Azure could be made more user-friendly. For example, the configuration wizard should be more intuitive for the users.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for about 18 months.

This product is stable enough.

Scalability-wise, we have not had any problems.

We have been in touch with Microsoft technical support and I would say that they are average.

I am also working with AWS and I find that it is more user-friendly. I am a fan of AWS and although it depends on the use cases and requirements, we generally implement AWS more often than Azure.

The initial setup was fairly simple. If we did have any issues then we would consult with Microsoft Professional Services, or some of our cloud architects, just to figure out how to resolve them.

We follow the Microsoft update paths. There isn't any maintenance required because it's a managed service and the providers take care of it.

What other advice do I have?

For the most part, Microsoft Azure works well. They are constantly upgrading their services. That said, I don't think that it's perfect.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
More Microsoft Azure reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Amazon AWS
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.