Microsoft Azure Review
Implementation is simple but anything to do with referencing other packages is simply frustrating

Valuable Features:

The ability to kick start a new web application or website and having them up and running in matter of minutes still amazes me.

Improvements to My Organization:

Deploying new release for existing web applications has now become a matter of right clicking the name of the project and clicking ‘publish’, the same activity before might have been done in hours to days – depending on the complexity for the app.

Room for Improvement:

Anything to do with referencing other packages is simply frustrating, this is mostly a problem with the Windows framework and not the hosting service, but it is still the most time consuming and irritating thing about using ASP.NET

Previous Solutions:

Yes, well back in the days we used to install physical servers, then we went to manually virtual servers, that to hosted virtual server, then to Amazon machines and now switched to Windows Azure.

Initial Setup:

As simple as can be.

Implementation Team:

We do all technical work in house and with Azure there was really no need for external assistance.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

When starting out I became member of the BizSpark program so the initial cost was 0 (FREE!), on customer’s projects the cost can go from $50 to $200 per month which is really cost effective for them.

Other Solutions Considered:

Yes for every project we will compare Azure with Amazon, with virtual servers with a physical server. But in almost every case choosing Azure will be a no brainer.
5 visitors found this review helpful

2 Comments

HenryReal UserTOP REVIEWERTOP 5

Cool review

26 December 13
it_user150756Real UserTOP 20

How do you go about solving L7 loadbalancer issues in Azure? Also when you want to do L7 redirection from one datacenter to another datacenter , how do you solve them in Azure ?

05 September 14