Microsoft Azure Review

Implementation is simple but anything to do with referencing other packages is simply frustrating

What is most valuable?

The ability to kick start a new web application or website and having them up and running in matter of minutes still amazes me.

How has it helped my organization?

Deploying new release for existing web applications has now become a matter of right clicking the name of the project and clicking ‘publish’, the same activity before might have been done in hours to days – depending on the complexity for the app.

What needs improvement?

Anything to do with referencing other packages is simply frustrating, this is mostly a problem with the Windows framework and not the hosting service, but it is still the most time consuming and irritating thing about using ASP.NET

Yes, well back in the days we used to install physical servers, then we went to manually virtual servers, that to hosted virtual server, then to Amazon machines and now switched to Windows Azure.

As simple as can be.

We do all technical work in house and with Azure there was really no need for external assistance.

When starting out I became member of the BizSpark program so the initial cost was 0 (FREE!), on customer’s projects the cost can go from $50 to $200 per month which is really cost effective for them.

Yes for every project we will compare Azure with Amazon, with virtual servers with a physical server. But in almost every case choosing Azure will be a no brainer.
More Microsoft Azure reviews from users