Microsoft Azure Review

A humongous amount of features are available. It is difficult to keep up with the continuous improvements that they do.

What is most valuable?

The availability of the humongous amount of features and solutions in Azure are most valuable to us.

How has it helped my organization?

The continuous improvement of Microsoft is amazing. The agility and speed at which Microsoft is doing all this is really amazing.

What needs improvement?

The improvements are more on the partner's part than on the product's part. It is difficult to keep up with the continuous improvements that Microsoft is doing.

Issues were seen in the size and unclear configuration settings. If the bandwidth is limited, it can be an issue when migrating from on-prem to off-prem.

We have implemented this for our customers since the very beginning.

This depends on the support contract which you subscribe to. The free support is bad, but the paid versions have better support, i.e., more you pay, the better the support.

The other solutions that we had used before were on-premise solutions. We saw a major shift of the resources towards Microsoft Azure.

The setup was straightforward; with the help of TechNet, if there were any issues then they were easily solvable.

In regards to the pricing and licensing, you need to be aware of what to do. If it fits in your current licensing contract, add it to that contract. If not, then depending on the company's size, ask the reseller with whom you are doing business (or ask me) for advice on this issue.

We did evaluate other solutions and, in some cases, we also advised for this product, as it is specific to certain workloads. AWS and Google are the other vendors that we looked at.

What other advice do I have?

Have a vendor agnostic partner to look at your environment and discuss the vision you have on this.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are partnes with Microsoft, Amazon and Google.