Microsoft Azure Review

Very easy to create a Kubernetes cluster

What is our primary use case?

Working Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) to create a Kubernetes cluster.

We are maintaining two environments of Kubernetes cluster on Azure using Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS).

We have used other managed PaaS services like ACS, Database, and monitoring, integrated with Jenkins for continuous integration and continuous deployment.

How has it helped my organization?

We are running our product which is deployed on Azure AKS cluster. This really helps us to drive more business from customers.

What is most valuable?

• It's very easy to create a Kubernetes cluster with the Azure Console
  • Able to connect to the cluster using Azure PowerShell
  • Able to connect to the cluster using kubectl
  • Very good help from Microsoft Knowledge Base and also from the community
  • Very good support from the Microsoft team
  • Easy to manage as the core part is handled by Microsoft
  • Easy to add/scale up the cluster with more nodes by using the Azure console window or through scripting
  • Can integrate plugins with Jenkins for auto deployment
  • Integrated with a lot of open source tools for easy deployments and other functionalities like logging, monitoring, etc.

What needs improvement?

Better logging part when deployments are crashed, even when the entire cluster is crashed.

Should always go with recommendations provided by Microsoft during the creation of new clusters. Otherwise, stability is an issue.

Scalability is very good.

Technical support is excellent. Recently, we have encountered a few issues however, the customer support team helped us very quickly to come out of it.

We did not previously use a different solution. Kubernetes is the one we are using for container orchestration through Azure-managed Kubernetes service.

The initial setup is very easy; straightforward.