Microsoft Parallel Data Warehouse Review
We examined SAP Data Warehouse and IBM Data Warehouse but SQL Data Warehouse provided a more extensive way of integrating data.

Valuable Features:

• SQL Data Warehouse provides our organization with a way to access all corporate data in a uniform way. • SQL Data Warehouse allows us to manage our database using network or hierarchical database systems rather than solely relying on relational DBMSs. • It supports the bottom-up process of data warehouse creation where several data marts can be joined to form one big warehouse. I found this very handy especially where a few teams are involved.

Room for Improvement:

• Data cleaning involves the use of special software to help the cleaning team uniformly match attributes from the target source data to its destination. • It is expensive. SQL Data Warehouse is not supported by all versions of SQL Server such as the Express version and therefore becomes unavailable to many limiting its acquisition and use. • Uses a different approach to databases than that used in relational DBMS hence posing a challenge to novices.

Other Advice:

• It comes as a special tool of cleaning data through the data transformation process where data is extracted from many sources before it is assembled and consolidated to form a single database. This is the main factor that led my company to choose SQL Data Warehouse as the special tool to consolidate relational databases. Close examination was done on SAP Data Warehouse and IBM Data Warehouse but SQL Data Warehouse provided a more extensive way of integrating data. I personally value the role that SQL Data Warehouse has contributed in achieving the goals of business intelligence. Users will to generate timely reports from huge databases as well as database cleaning should embrace this provision.