Microsoft Parallel Data Warehouse Reviews

Filter by:Reset all filters
industry
rating
Pete Gadsby
Business Intelligence evangelist at a hospitality company with 10,001+ employees
Jun 30 2017

What do you think of Microsoft Parallel Data Warehouse?

What is most valuable?: MPP processing gives us the ability to distribute large data sets across nodes. • How has it helped my organization?: We delivered a data warehouse for Contactless and Oyster at TFL. • What needs improvement?: Improve the speed of processing replicated tables. • For how long have I used the solution?: We have been using this solution for years. • What do I think about the stability of the solution?: There were stability issues when the product was in beta. • What do I think about the scalability of the solution?: There were scalability issues in that there is a limit to 32 concurrent queries. • How is customer service and technical support?: Technical support is good. • Which solutions did we use previously?: We switched from...
Anonymous User
Teradata DBA / Parallel datawarehouse DBA at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Mar 07 2018

What do you think of Microsoft Parallel Data Warehouse?

What is our primary use case?: We are using PDW as an EDW solution. • How has it helped my organization?: It helped, initially, as a replacement for our DW DB, but later on faced issues due to concurrency, which forced the customer to use the DB as a secondary solution. • What is most valuable?: Nothing specific, comparable to other solutions. • What needs improvement?: Concurrent queries are limited to 32, making it more of a data storage mechanism instead of an active DWH solution. They need to improve the metadata being captured to a greater duration. • For how long have I used the solution?: One to three years.
Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Oracle, Teradata and others in Data Warehouse.
305,473 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Anonymous User
BI Business Analyst at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Mar 12 2018

What do you think of Microsoft Parallel Data Warehouse?

What is our primary use case?: Analysing large volumes of data collected from auto ticket barriers at railway stations. • How has it helped my organization?: It has allowed fast daily loads and analysis of millions of rows of data, which eventually moved to near real-time. • What is most valuable?: It handles high volumes of data very well. • What needs improvement?: It needs more compatibility with common BI tools.  It does not work well with normal ETL tools. Some functions do not work. • For how long have I used the solution?: One to three years.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About Microsoft Parallel Data Warehouse

305,473 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Microsoft Parallel Data Warehouse Questions

Microsoft Parallel Data Warehouse Projects By Members

Microsoft Parallel Data Warehouse Consultants

What is Microsoft Parallel Data Warehouse?

The traditional structured relational data warehouse was never designed to handle the volume of exponential data growth, the variety of semi-structured and unstructured data types, or the velocity of real time data processing. Microsoft's SQL Server data warehouse solution integrates your traditional data warehouse with non-relational data and it can handle data of all sizes and types, with real-time performance.

Also known as
Microsoft PDW, SQL Server Data Warehouse, Microsoft SQL Server Parallel Data Warehouse
Microsoft Parallel Data Warehouse customers

Auckland Transport, Erste Bank Group, Urban Software Institute, NJVC, Sheraton Hotels and Resorts, Tata Steel Europe