Microsoft Project Server Review

What is most valuable?

• Ease of use.
  • Adaptability.
  • Stability.

How has it helped my organization?

• The centralization of all projects baselines in Project Server gave us control over the process. Additionally, we unified the information into just one source to report indicators, progress, milestones, and much more.
  • Microsoft Project Server gave us an easy way to list and classify our projects, creating great views for a high quantity of information with the Project Web Application.
  • We can now define our own project indicators and performance KPI’s, according to our project process. During the last 4 years we have used Project Server to save more than 400 baselines.

What needs improvement?

I think that "earned value calculation" could be improved, and also the relationship between time and cost, that sometimes does not allow adjustments during execution.

I have used this for 10 years.

I did not ecnounter any stability issues.

There were no scalability issues. We have more than 400 projects on our Project Server database, and everything works fine.

Technical support was adequate.

We did not use any previous solution.

Initial setup was hard work, but I wasn't involved.

Scope your needs carefully, in order to get exactly what you want.

We did not evaluate alternatives.

What other advice do I have?

I wasn’t involved during implementation.