Office 365 Review

Great for building formulas, good integration with other apps, and very stable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for Excel, for analyzing data, and PowerPoint, for presentations.

What is most valuable?

There aren't any features that jump out at me as being valuable.

The Excel application's ability to handle spreadsheets and calculations if very useful.

The integration with other applications is pretty good.

What needs improvement?

There's a matter of sharing with other users. If someone is working on it or disconnects from the mutual storage, I need to save it as is and I need to override it. I cannot work together with other users on the same document. That may be possible on the cloud version of Office 365, however, I'm not sure as we use the desktop version. This is one issue we have with the solution.

If two people update the same file, it causes issues.

I've only been at this company for three months, and two months in the office. I've been using Office 365 since I arrived.

The solution is quite stable. I haven't had any issues so fr. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't freeze or crash. It's very reliable.

I'm not sure if scalability is an issue for this kind of application.

In our organization, there are hundreds or maybe even thousands of users. Everybody probably has some instance of it, whether it's on the cloud or on-prem. it's pretty prevalent across departments.

We are a huge company. For all of the applications we use, we have 20-30 people engaging in the support of all the projects, and not this solution in particular.

My understanding is the organization is planning to move exclusively to Office 365 and probably to the cloud. That's the next step we are taking.

I have never personally dealt with technical support, however, I believe it to be quite good.

I don't believe the organization used a different product before this solution was implemented.

The initial setup was straightforward. It wasn't complex at all. However, I'm used to working in the Microsoft environment.

I'm not sure how long deployment actually takes.

I don't know if we used an integrator or reseller to assist in the installation of the product, as I only really started at the company a few months ago.

I don't deal with accounting, so I'm unsure as to what the licensing costs would be.

What other advice do I have?

We're a Microsoft customer. We don't have a business relationship with them.

I believe I'm using the 2019 version of the solution.

While this version is on-premise, it's my understanding that the organization is testing the cloud version for future deployment.

I would certainly recommend this product to others.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

More Office 365 reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with Microsoft 365 Business
Learn what your peers think about Office 365. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.