Office 365 Review

Provides the capability to trace emails, and provides security over those emails.

What is most valuable?

• Microsoft Office
  • Skype for Business
  • Office 2016
  • Data loss prevention

How has it helped my organization?

• Provided us with better capability to trace emails, and provide security over those emails.
  • Provided the ability to encrypt email.
  • Gave us a professional video conferencing system.
  • Easily manageable.

What needs improvement?

The default reporting is not very helpful; extendable mostly through PowerShell; must have knowledge of PowerShell to fully utilize.

I have used it for a little over one year.

I have not had an issue with anything going down. On Google Apps for Business, it was frequent.

No issues with scalability; easy to work with and extend.

Honestly have not had to deal with technical support; most problems have been resolvable through the community and online research.

We previously used Google Apps for Business. Solution was incomplete, a headache to manage and extend. Email filtering was essentially useless.

Initial setup was very straightforward; was able to set up and migrate with little assistance.

We use a parallel licensing structure through Dell. Originally, there were some limitations; however, those limitations are now rare.

We looked into an onsite email server, as well as staying with Google Apps for Business.

What other advice do I have?

Know PowerShell. This is where the true power of Office 365 lies.

More Office 365 reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with Microsoft 365 Business
Learn what your peers think about Office 365. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.