Office 365 Review

Has been extremely reliable, stable, and deployment was simple

What is most valuable?

• Rapid deployment of Office functionality to users.
  • Ability to enforce global policies.
  • Security.

Monthly subscription per user provides flexibility and a significant number of capable apps to leverage corporate data.

How has it helped my organization?

We have found Office 365's many features and apps to be extremely useful, beyond the usual Word and Excel, which most people are used to using. We've made extensive use of SharePoint, OneDrive, Yammer, and so forth, and are exploring the other capabilities of Office 365.

What needs improvement?

Many of the compliance facilities, whilst available, require a bit of 'digging' around the back end of the admin/security facilities. It would be nice to have industry/regional templates which could be adopted and customized to help get compliance settings made more easily, especially for user organizations that face a lot of compliance issues.

About two years now.

No, deployment was very simple.

No, so far Office 365 has been extremely reliable and stable.

So far no issues encountered, we have scanned a lot of documents without any issues.

We worked with a Microsoft Partner and found the service to be excellent.

Very high.

We were using Office 2007 before the upgrade, with various licensing scattered across the business. Office 365 gave us a consistent platform that could be easily rolled out. Also, the ongoing updates to Office 365 help reduce the workload on keeping apps up-to-date, especially if the IT team is small.

Initial setup was very straightforward.

We worked through a Microsoft Partner who helped us get Office 365 deployed across our organization.

So far, substantial savings of approximately 30 to 40 percent vs the old licensing model. Also, as staff numbers fluctuate, it is possible to keep the number of subscriptions in alignment with headcount. Monthly subscriptions for each user make the solution extremely flexible.

If you are a small business and/or have in-house technical capability, getting up and running with Office 365 is fairly simple. I suggest working with a good Microsoft Partner if the organization is large or disparate/distributed.

We spent a bit of time evaluating OpenOffice, LibreOffice, but Office 365 suited our particular needs very well. However, OpenOffice and LibreOffice are themselves good products and should be reviewed/considered for productivity applications. One of the main strengths of Office 365 is it runs on the Azure platform and has Microsoft behind it, which gives me a lot of confidence.

What other advice do I have?

We've been very happy with Office 365 so far. We're looking to see how else we can leverage the investment in Delve, Yammer, Forms, and other capabilities across the business.

1 visitor found this review helpful