Office 365 Review

Detects patient data, like a social security number, in email attachments and triggers an alert

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to detect if a user, physician, manager, or director have sent out their patient data.

What is most valuable?

The functionality that is most valuable is the solution's ability to detect patient data in email attachments. Whenever a user sends out an email with patient data embedded in an attachment, it triggers an alert. The tool can detect a social security number and various other forms of patient identity. Emails are then automatically generated and sent.

What needs improvement?

Improvements can be made to the products generic offering. It's not customized for health care. It doesn't understand the meaning of health care related concepts. Providing a greater degree of industry specificity would make the tool much more unique and valuable.

I would like to see a more user-friendly interface in the next release. We worked with a developer to upgrade the settings and optimize the base functionality. If the UI was more intuitive, all the user would need to do is click through.

Less than one year.

It's a good solution and it's a stable solution.

We have a team of five engineers and software developers taking care of maintenance issues.

It's scalable because it's a cloud solution. We haven't had any performance problem with it.

The initial setup was straightforward. We followed the instructions. Since it's a cloud solution we just opened the administration tabs and created the rules as they apply to our operation. We created XML. We did have to build some code within the solution.

Deployment took a few months to fully implement the solution. The strategy we used was to test the solution within a test account first and after that, we deployed the products and we selected a subset of users to deploy it.

What other advice do I have?

The version we are using is very generic. It requires that you perform a lot of customizations.

I rate this product a 7 out of 10. I give it this rating because it works but it's not sophisticated enough and not specialized enough for health care. It requires a lot of time to customize.

1 Comment
Onya Stephen ToochukwuReal UserTOP 5LEADERBOARD

Microsoft Office products are always good, the interface are human friendly.

07 May 19